Many young people now know more about international pop and movie stars than famous people

phuongngoc27 1 / -  

young people respect more international VIP's than known historical figures

In today's world, there is a pervasive phenomenon that young people are more concerned with international celebrities than prominent historical figures in their countries. The essay below will analyze the causes of the tendency and also put forward several feasible solutions to it.

This issue could be attributed to two main culprits. First of all, it is an array of tedious lectures at school that gradually destroy students' interest in studying history and its related figures. Admittedly, rote learning is becoming increasingly popular among students who are to get high marks, particularly in History. They are required to memorize a myriad of dry facts and figures, which are tiresome and irrelevant to their daily life. Another compelling factor is the prolific appearance of pop-culture superstars on virtually all forms of media. They, performing with lively and charming images or sounds, seem to grab more attention from teenagers.

There are, however, some measures that should be considered to curb the problem. First, schools should try innovating the history curriculum as well as teaching methods. Creative and practical features added will help the lessons become more engaging, inspiring and edifying. Second, film studios could be sponsored by governments to produce more historical masterpieces. These actions may allow students to gain fascinating insight into the national history, realize how heroic and respectful their forefathers were, evoke the young's pride and passion to learn more and to devote themselves to the history one day.

In conclusion, it is assumed that young people are becoming indifferent to historical figures and favor the glamor of famous stars. Given the reasons for the tendency, the proposed solutions should be considered thoroughly to tackle the problem.
The prompt restatement is fine. The opinion statement is non-existent as there are no responses to the 2 direct questions provided. The writer merely restated the discussion questions in this section which is not the same as providing the direct response to each question. The writer's opinion in this case, should be replaced by a 2 sentence thesis statement that outlines the upcoming discussion. The first paragraph provides incomplete discussion representations and will not receive full scoring merit for the presentation due to lack of formatting compliance.

Both discussion aspects do not have fully developed explanations since there are 2 reasons provided without any proper transition or connecting comments. These tend to create disconnected paragraphs, resulting in under developed or little represented discussion points. Again, full scores cannot be provided for the paragraphs due to lack of explanation development.

Home / Writing Feedback / Many young people now know more about international pop and movie stars than famous people