Many young people who leave school hold a negative attitude toward learning. Why does this happen?

learning attitude issue

Nowadays, a considerable number of recent graduates have a bad attitude toward studying. There are several elements that contribute to this issue, as well as potentially drastic effects on future career.

The two main causes of present trends are as follows. First of all, the typical school curriculum is too rigorous. Not only do students participate in lessons, they also have to be flooded with a large amount of homework assigned. As a result, young people might feel exhausted after a lesson and be under pressure to deal with exams. If these things continue, they will be like a drop of water that makes young students give up everything which has been built before.

The second cause is many young people think that they can pursue their career successfully without seriously studying. For instance, there are numerous accounts of well-known people who graduated from college but went on to achieve greatness, such as Bill Gates. This example influences many students to believe that success in life doesn't really necessarily depend on the theoretical knowledge one acquires in school. For this reason, young individuals can't complete a degree and can't jump at the chance to work for companies. In modern day and ages, almost all plants' require a variety of degrees to evaluate an applicant's level of competence. If you don't have at least one degree, young people will lose the opportunity to work in a new environment, develop their practical skills and learn from experience.

In conclusion, there are a variety of factors that cause students to misunderstand in studying, and the consequences for their future professions can be extremely serious.
There is no doubt that this essay will receive a failing overall score based on the writer's misinterpretation and wrong opinion presentation for this task. This is a cause and solution essay which the writer did not acknowledge in his prompt restatement and led to an incorrect writer's opinion towards the end. The prompt indicates the need to understand why the students leave school with a negative impression of learning. That is the first discussion point. The second discussion point asks the writer to consider how this negative impression can be changed. What solutions can be applied to prevent the negative impression? Intead, the writer opted to discuss the effects of the negative image on the future of the student. Considered a discussion alteration, the essay no longer follows the task accuracy requirements of the original presentation and as such, cannot be given a passing task score.

A review of the actual response paragraphs will also show that he only discussed the reasons for the negative impression, thus responding to only 1 of the 2 assessment tasks provided. Therefore, this is an incomplete essay that might receive some scores for the cause portion only. Leaving the essay with a still non-passing final score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Many young people who leave school hold a negative attitude toward learning. Why does this happen?