Young people should take a job for a few years between school and university

nida26 30 / 19 5  
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university. Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this?

In this modern era, young generation should discover several experience and knowledge so as they do not lack of information. A lot of people argue that young age should have work experience before they go to university. However, I firmly believe that this has more benefits than drawbacks.

Workplace is one of the best ways for young people to explore their ability. They will gain a new experience which they never get in school. Furthermore, when they attend college, this experience will be useful for them to encourage their ability. For instance, there are several schoolchildren who have graduated from vocational high school. They tend to take a job as developer or programmer rather than study in higher education. With work experience, when they attend university, they have more knowledge than another people. Thus, they have a good opportunity to participate some competitions in their college. Nevertheless, I believe that this also gives several drawbacks for young generation.

Some young ages who are very interested with their job will forget to study in institutions. Their spirit to learn in academic education will be lost year-by-year. This is because the company offer them with money which they get every month. This salary can make people to forget about their desire to study. In addition, the young people who take a job before they attend college will get less salary than the people who have higher degree. In the fact that people who have a higher education would receive a higher position and higher salary.

To sum up, there is advantage if the people have experience in work before they study at university. However, I firmly believe that there are several disadvantages which can affect the future of young generation. Furthermore, the young age should be able to choose what their passion and the best for their next life.
yonathan66 30 / 27 5  
Hello Miss Nida, i have read your essay. Let me give you suggestion. I hope it can help you.

Paragraph 2
Workplace (place) is one of the best ways (method) for young people to explore their ability. => i think "ways" is not appropriate here, you should use "place"

With work experience, when they attend university, they have more knowledge than another people. => I think this sentence is too rounded, so let me give you alternative =>they will have more knowledge when attending university as they had experience from previous job.

Home / Writing Feedback / Young people should take a job for a few years between school and university