( IELTS essay) Younger generation neglect the advices of older people?

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
It is believed that young people have too much freedom and they don't pay much attention to the older people's advice. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion.

It is true that today's young generation is enjoying more freedom than previous generations. Some people hold the view that, as an impact of increased freedom, young people are not following older people's instructions, but others oppose. However, I feel, the given notion is true.

To begin with, there are so many reasons for this attitude such as generation gap, influence of advanced technology, peer pressure and so on. Presently, new generation can collect the information about anything from internet with the clicks of buttons. Different views related to an issue or a topic including it's pros and cons from different people, enable better analysis of these issues from different angles. Moreover, social network systems such as facebook, twitter and so on, provide an excellent medium for imparting and sharing information between people. Another advantage is mobile net work and internet calls. These are one of the cheapest ways to connect people and ask about the detail. Hence, people are depending more on technology than older people.

Additionally, in young generations' decisions, the influence of the peer group also is detrimental. It is stronger than other pressures. As a result, they trust more on the suggestions of their peer group. Young people believe that their friends faced the same situations, succeeded in it and it is better to follow their advises. For instance, enjoying fast foods are today's trend. Even if elder people are warned them about its consequences, they may follow the guidance of a friend who have the same routine.

Admittedly, generation gap also plays an important role in neglecting older people's advice. Younger generation feels that the skills and methods of older generation are not practical or rather slow in this fast modern world. To illustrate, younger people will not listen the recommendation of a grown-up person about the importance of an early morning walk, but are interested in joining a Gymnasium for exercise with friends.

To conclude, people mostly think that, change is inevitable in this fast world. Consequently, due to technological impacts, peer pressure and generation gap I feel, nowadays people are not inclined to older peoples' advises.
It is true that today's young generation is enjoying more freedom than previous generations.

.... impressive start :)

Some people hold the view that, as an impact of increased freedom, young people are not following older people's instructions, butwhile others opposethink it is not so .

Presently, new generation can collect the information about anything from internet with the clicks of buttons.

Today's generation has speedy and vast access to any type of information in contrast to the previous generations. For young people today, it is just a matter of few clicks that they need to do in order to learn about what they want.
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Dumi...):

Thanks for your valuable correction..

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / ( IELTS essay) Younger generation neglect the advices of older people?