The youngster population surpass the number of older people in some countries

khanhmeoxx 1 / 1  
At the present time, the population of some countries includes a relatively large number of young adults, compared with older people.
Do the advantages of this situation outweigh the disadvantages?

IS THE HUGE NUMBER OF YOUNG PEOPLE A BENEFIT FOR A NATION ?

Presently, many countries have to witness an imbalance between the number of younger and older people in the society, particularly with a sharp increase in youngsters growth. This has brought some benefits as well as drawbacks for these countries. From my view, the advantages seem to surpass the disadvantages.

On the one hand, a huge number of citizens being young adults mean the authorities need to spend a lot to nurture them because they totally have right for getting access to advanced education system and healthcare as well. Another thing is the lack of skillful workers. A society with many youngsters would make a blank for jobs that needs strong experience labor. For instance, leader or high- level manager positions in most enterprises tend to be offered for people who has had enough experience and undergone these jobs over a long period. And this seldom occurs in the opposite way.

On the other hand, a tiny number of older people would allow the government to save a considerable budget for housing and caring them until they die. It is the truth because the expenditure for constructing a nursing home and providing accompanied services often costs so much. In addition, many youngers would provide an abundant labor force for the economy. Take industrial zones as an example. Most workers are young because working here requires them to have a strong health and bold enthusiasm. Last but not least, a younger generation will lead a country to more prosperity, globalization period in particular.

In conclusion, it is not right or wrong to judge the claims of a country with younger population. However, it still comprises both pros and cons in any circumstance. For me, the benefits seem to be excess due to the huge workforce, welfare cost savings and even creativity the young people could bring back for the evolution of a nation.
soulpancake 4 / 8  
I think that
-You just make a mistake like i did in my essay. About the two phrases are "On the one hand" and "On the other hand", it is like this example" On one hand, you have homework. On the other hand, you have work. You can't balance them both", given to compare. It also in the same paragraph. You cannot use it to start 2 different ideas.

-a huge number ... mean===) means 'cause a number of is a subject.
Nguyen, this is a direct response question. The response should be coming from a singular point of view. A direct response essay is never discussed as a comparison essay. Actually, unless the prompt clearly instructs you to compare the points of view presented, you are to assume, as the writer, that the singular point of view is the required response for the essay. This is a standard ruling applied to all Task 2 essays.

Do not use the term "seem" in your thesis statement within the opening paragraph. The term "seem" indicates an indecisiveness on your part. You have not made a decision regarding your response to the question that you actually believe in and support. As such, your succeeding discussions become weak because you do not have the conviction to support your singular point of view.

The idea is to prove that your point of view is the correct one by giving a strong discussion regarding it. You may pose the opposing discussion as a topic discussion theme in the paragraph but the discussion you present should explain the weakness in it. For example, you can say that:

One advantage of having a large number of young adults has to do with a younger workforce. While the older generation acts in a leadership role, the younger workers bring innovations and potential avenues for improvement to the craft. The older employees are not capable of...

If the comparison is done from a singular point of view, presenting an opposing discussion helps to strengthen your line of reasoning. Avoid using a compare and contrast paragraph presentation because that shows the reader that you are not really convinced nor supportive of the point of view that you chose to present in the discussion.

The idea behind this sort of prompt is to weaken the opposing argument by finding the problems with their concepts using an opposing argument within the same paragraph. That is a totally different approach from a compare and contrast essay response. In this case, it is a singular opinion response that uses opposing arguments to strengthen its case. Refer to my sample presentation above for future reference.

Home / Writing Feedback / The youngster population surpass the number of older people in some countries