Youngsters who commit crimes should be treated by authorities in the same way as adults

nguyenhuthao 1 / -  

Punishment for juvenile offenders

There is a view that juvenile delinquents should be tried jus as adult criminals. In my opinion, the punishments for such delinquents should be different from those for adults.

There are some reasons why a juvenile committing a particular crime is different from an adult going so. This is because juvenile is immature, thus may not fully realize the risks and the consequences of their acts. For example, a teenager who steal money from someone in order to purchase their desired toys may not understand that they are violating the law and maybe sentenced into prison. By contrast, adults are legally presumed to be fully aware of what is right and wrong. I many cases, well - aware person still intentionally caused dangerous crimes, expose extremely dangerous to society. Hence, it's not fair that these two criminals are punished under the same penal code.

I believe that there are better alternatives for juvenile offenders, the most effective of which is sending them the youth detention centers. The reason for this is such place provide services that allow young people in detention to develop relational and interpersonal skills. For instance, essential life skill classes such as non - violent communication skill, anger management could enable them to better interact to society, thus leads to a sense of self-control. Conversely, if juvenile are sentenced to adult prisons, they will constantly surrounded by dangerous adult criminals and brutal violence there. Such toxic environments are likely to increase the risk of reoffending upon release.

In conclusion, it is my firm belief that juvenile offenders should not be tried as adults because of their immaturity and that they should benefit more from rehabilitation centers rather than adult prisons.
In my opinion, the punishments for such delinquents should be different from those for adults.

While the opinion of the writer is required, the format used is incomplete. The extent of (dis) agreement must come before the thesis topic.

There are some reasons

Irrelevant discussion. Stick to the given question and offer 2 related and fully developed discussion reasons within the presentation. Discussion alterations such as these are not scored. The word count is reduced and a score is given based on an under-explained or defended opinion. The extent essay is a single opinion consideration rather than comparative. This error will reduce the coherence and cohesiveness of the presentation. Rather, indicate the opening in a way that relates it to the prompt:

My point of view is that juvenile delinquents cannot be tried as adults because...

Be factual using a properly framed topic sentence that does not alter the discussion instruction. Justead, it should the part of the explanation from the onset.

I believe that there are better alternatives for juvenile offenders,

Correct approach that should have had another supporting - before or after it to strengthen and completely explain the writer's opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Youngsters who commit crimes should be treated by authorities in the same way as adults