Zoos may not act as the best interest of animals since they are profit earning entities.

william731 18 / 43 13  
Some people think that zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However, other people think that zoos are useful to protect the rare animals. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

There is always a controversial debate about the existence of zoos. Some people think that it is cruel to keep animals in captivity and all the zoos should be shut down whereas others argue that zoos are sanctuaries that protect the endanger species. The essay intends to explore both sides of arguments and also present my personal opinion.

To begin with, zoos indeed achieve several purposes in different aspects. Firstly, they protect certain kinds of endanger animals from extinction by artificially creating habitable environment for those nearly extinct species with zoo keepers taking care of them. Secondly, human beings can be benefited from zoos educationally. Modern Zoos usually associates with a science facility that are primary used for research on wildlife and educational purpose such as student tour.

On the contrary, the counter argument claims that zoos are still profit oriented organization that their primary goal is to generate profit from exhibiting animals. For example, some zoos in China train animals to perform entertainment to visitors and most of these animals suffer from maltreatment.

Personally, I believe that zoos do give protective asylum to animals. However, it is immoral to limit those animals' freedom by keeping them in small cages. I believe that there are alternative options that can be taken to protect rare species . For instance, national parks can serve a similar purpose as zoos do while also allow animals to live in a way as they would in the wild.

To conclude, it is undeniable that protecting nearly extinct animals is the major function of zoos. However, zoos may not act as the best interest of animals since they are profit earning entities. Beside, there is a better alternative to protect animals by opening wildlife parks.
vincentfreeman 7 / 20 2  
Your essay is pretty well organized and clear. However there are some details that I would like to suggest:
*zoos are sanctuaries that protect the endanger species.-> sanctuaries of ENDANGERED species
*with a science facility that are primary used -> facility that IS PRIMARILY used
*still profit oriented organization that their primary goal -> organization WHOSE primary goal
*allow animals to live in a way as they would in the wild. -> to live in a wild way
OP william731 18 / 43 13  
still profit oriented organization that their primary goal -> organization WHOSE primary goal

Thank you for your correction.
I agree with your other comments but I think "whose" is used to describe a person such as " a person whose name is ..."

Home / Writing Feedback / Zoos may not act as the best interest of animals since they are profit earning entities.