Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

Curious Incident of the dog... What are the major ways Christopher has changed in the end of novel

Mushu22 1 / 1  

The curious incident of the dog in the night time: ESSAY

QUESTION: Describe the significant ways in which Christopher Boone's character in Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time has developed over the course of the novel

INTRODUCTION: Imagine living in a world where you are never understood. Where society is quick to make judgement about you, but never getting to know you. Being constantly stereotyped and being told what you can and can't do. This is what Christopher Boone copes with every day in his life.

THESIS:Christopher's character develops significantly through the course of the novel, by becoming more confident and independent in "Curious Incident". This is portrayed predominantly through his thoughts and actions.

Is this a good start? and if so what else should i do. ??? please someone help me!!!!
Maha, you have your introduction threshed out as well as your thesis statement. So from that point on, the essay should focus on specific events from the novel that will help to illustrate the development of the character in the context of the prompt. Pick 3 instances that depict this. One from the start of the novel, the middle, and the ending part. You need to make sure that the character build up you present is based upon specific events and character participation in Christopher's life. Make sure that you accurately analyze the development of the character and mention instances that confirm the character development later on in the story. The developments needs to interconnect in your presentation so make sure that you choose events that can be easily explained as launching points for character development. These instances can help you further improve your good start on the analysis essay for the story.
OP Mushu22 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'll try what you said :)
I changed my introduction a bit and so is the first introduction better or the second one?

INTRODUCTION 2: Imagine living in a world [...] every day in his life. Christopher Boone is a 15-year-old autistic boy who is a mathematical genius, however, cannot interpret people's emotions properly. Through Christopher's perspective, the world is a terrifying place, since Christopher has little understanding of how the world works. Where jokes can cause confusion and new environments can lead to extreme fear. He occasionally overcomes these fears by working on math or isolating himself from the world.

Home / Book Reports / Curious Incident of the dog... What are the major ways Christopher has changed in the end of novel