Home / Contributors Page

EssayForum Contributors

Here Is an Impressive Activity to Include on Your Resume or College Application!

Hiddengrace

JuanSebastianR
Katheryn "Hi there, I'm Katheryn. I recently graduated with a degree in Sociology / Anthropology. My career goals lie in the Mental Health and Social Work field, but writing has always been a passion for me as well. I received a minor in Creative Writing as well as Psychology. I currently live in New York city and work with oppressed, dis empowered youth in the Mental Health field. I'm currently working towards my goal of attending graduate school and becoming a social worker. My focus here on EF is generally content based, rather than editing punctuation and grammar, but I'm able to help with diverse writing and essay styles. I participate in a variety of volunteer work, and I'm glad to help others here on EF."

Katheryn, EssayForum.com Contributor
Juan Sebastian "Hello Essay Forum team members. My name is Juan Sebastian. I was born in Bogota, Colombia, and I moved to the United States at the age of 12. Currently, I am working on my Associate's Degree in pre-engineering and transferring to a four-year university this fall. I always wonder how things work. My passion for flight and space exploration has led me to choosing Aerospace Engineering as my program of study with the ultimate goal of becoming a candidate for the NASA Space Program. I came across EF while filling out an admission essay, and it has been very helpful. I love reading, and I am very passionate about writing. Because of my mathematical mind, I catch mistakes in writing very easily. My goal here is to inspire you and be able to bring out the best in you. I myself had trouble writing essays and expressing myself. The key is to write without worrying about what others would think. Write from the heart. Write from the soul."

Juan Sebastian Rubio Lopez, EssayForum.com Contributor

Ssakshijain

ichanpants89
Sakshi "Hi I am Sakshi and I am from India, currently in New Jersey, USA. A dentist by profession, a poet by heart and learner by interest, it's a pleasure if I can share my knowledge. I came across EssayForum while preparing for my TOEFL exam to get into MPH and I am glad that I found it. I myself have improved a lot here and I would like to help others who are new in the field of writing. I have one thing to say: Just keep learning from your mistakes and never stop trying. Also, if you want to show gratitude to EF and its members for improving your essay then be thankful by helping others on EF."

Sakshi, EssayForum.com Contributor
"Hi EF members! My name is Mochtar Muhtadi Iksan from Indonesia, Ichan is my nickname. Previously, I had my Teaching Practice program in Pattani, Thailand, by teaching English and Indonesian language. I had graduated from English Language Education major in Muhammadiyah University of Jember. I am currently pursuing my Master Degree in overseas, particularly in English-Speaking countries. Hopefully, by being one of the EssayForum contributors, I would be able to develop my essay-writing skills, especially when it comes to IELTS and Scholarship essays."

Mochtar, EssayForum.com Contributor

MisterWandering

EF_Alyssa
Du Vu "My name is Du Vu Hoang Tuan and I am from Vietnam. I have been a member of EssayForum for around 2 years. I remember that I found out this forum when I searched for some ideas for my IELTS essay. Since then, EssayForum has helped me improve my writing skills a lot. Without the help from moderators, contributors and other members, I would not achieve my desirable IELTS score. Therefore, I would love to become a contributor to help other people with their essays as I have received helpful advice from others."

Du Vu, EssayForum.com Contributor
Alyssa "Greetings! I'm Alyssa. I have my bachelor's degree in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing, and my master's in Creative Writing for Young People. I live in Virginia, and I love reading, writing, and travel. I specialize in literature and creative writing, but I also enjoy helping people with rhetoric (logic-based argument / discussion), personal statements, and application essays. I love to help others and I'm looking forward to helping you!"

Alyssa, EssayForum.com Contributor

SalMon

EF_Jasmine
Tuan "Hello! I'm Tuan, a high school student from Vietnam. Just like anyone who approaches this website, I'm in pursuit of the highest possible scores in IELTS writing. I have to admit that this is not the first website I sought help, but having experienced several forums, I found this one the best place to engage. I was made a long-lasting impression as to how enthusiastic and warm-hearted the moderators, contributors as well as the members of this forum were. With constructive feedbacks, useful suggestions and (sometimes) compliments, EF members have encouraged me to write more and more essays and brush up on them little by little. In my opinion, being a moderator or a contributor is a way I return the favour to everyone here, building EF a strong and reliable source to improve writing skills, as it is meant to be."

SalMon, EssayForum.com Contributor
Jasmine "Hello! My name is Jasmine. I am a graduate and Alumni of California State Long Beach with a B.A. in Social Sciences, Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential, and a M.A in Education with emphasis on the Social and Cultural Analysis of Education. I currently live in Los Angeles and work in the Higher Education field. My background consists of tutoring, teaching, mentoring, and counseling. In addition, I love to read, write, take photos, learn Spanish, and study culture. My passion for education continues to grow through my helping and inspiring students, my volunteer work in the community, and challenging myself to understand all perspectives of education and its foundations. I will help you with the best of my abilities!"

Jasmine Towns, EssayForum.com Contributor

EF_Carol

okorobiadimma14
Carol "My name is Carol and I was born in New Jersey. I grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia, and then graduated from a high school, in N. Jersey. I studied English and Communication, at Rutgers University. While in college I became a Creative Writing Tutor, and worked for the Eagleton Institute of Politics, as a telephone interviewer, the later for five years. I earned a B.A. I am happily married, with two kitties, and we live in a one bedroom apartment. We are hoping to buy a condo, in the coming years. We enjoy old movies, eating out, and times hanging out at the local hangout. Also, we enjoy spending quiet holidays, just the four of us! Since college I have volunteered extensively, and have earned two degrees in Paralegal Studies, both A.A.S., and a post-collegiate certificate, in the same; the latter I graduated, with honors."

Carol, EssayForum.com Contributor
Pascal "Hello Essay Forum members! My name is Pascal Okoye from Nigeria. I studied Plant Biology and Biotechnology at the University of Benin where I made it to top 5 of graduands in the Faculty of Life Sciences. Currently, I work with Environmental Biotechnology and Sustainability Research Group as a Laboratory Assistant. I am an author with a scientific journal, Annals of Science and Technology. I love intensive reading, writing, and impactful discussions. I derive joy in watching and playing football. I joined Essay Forum (EF) in 2016, at the time I applied for Chevening Scholarship, after I saw an essay subject that relates to Chevening's Leadership essay. This forum has tremendously improved my writing skills and it reflects in all aspects of my recent write-ups. I have been a volunteer tutor from my second year in the university. I gain fulfillment from assisting others to be better than they were before I met them. This is one of the reasons I decided to assist in bringing the best out of any form of write-up posted in this forum. I want to tell you that writing is to the brain, what gymnastic and music are to the body and soul respectively. Keep writing and we would improve together in EF towards greater goals in our generation. You can never know how good you are until you begin."

Pascal Okoye, EssayForum.com Contributor

shintacandrade

dumi
Shinta "I'm Shinta from Indonesia. Although I am a biology graduate, I have always enjoyed learning English. Currently, I have to devote plenty of time to Master IELTS because I want to pursue my Postgraduate studies abroad. I find EssayForum as a powerful online platform for improving my writing and research skills. I receive invaulabe feedback from both students and contributors through lively discussions at this site. Amazingly, all the services are free! As such, I believe that by participating as an EF Contributor, I can both contribute and cultivate my writing skills."

Shinta, EssayForum.com Contributor
"I'm Dumi from Sri Lanka. I am a math graduate with work experience in the finance industry. Though I am a non native English speaker, I have a strong passion to improve my English knowledge and especially my writing skills. I found EF while I was searching help for my TOEFL English writing task. I soon found the value of this forum and its dedication to its mission; to help those who choose to go the extra mile in their effort to refine their English writing. Yes, EF helped me a lot to improve my writing skills and by becoming an EF contributor I also had the opportunity to meet many interesting people. It's a great pleasure to help with other's academic work at my best ability . EF always inspires me and makes me feel I'm doing something worthy. : )"

Duminda De Silva, EssayForum.com Contributor

tiaDS

SHanafi
Tian "EssayForum is the useful platform which helps me to improve my writing skill. I'm a student in English course and a information system graduate. l live in a metropolitan city of Indonesia. I have a sake to take IELTS test as soon as possible and I want to continue my second degree. Actually, I have been interested with English language since a year ago and I have been learning English language since August 2013. Recently, I survive to face IELTS preparation and I hope that I can get a great score. "Perfect practice makes perfect result, my teacher said."

Tia, EssayForum.com Contributor
Sekar "Hi, I am Sekar From Indonesia. I have interest in study psychology and do social working very much. However, I devote myself on English as my dream to acquire an international education, this is the reason behind me join in this forum as the suggestion of my tutor. After several times I do write, I get many improvement due to assitance from contributors and moderators here. In my learning process, I believe that when I read and assist more, become an English fluent is not just my dream anymore. I think this platform already give me an exhilarating experience in my English study, then I am going to learn more and pleased for me to share what I know in English writing with you ^.^"

Sekar Hanafi , EssayForum.com Contributor

eddies

hasbi
Eddie "Just like you all, I'm on a journey to get better. Hi, I'm Eddy from Indonesia. For those who don't know EssayForum, I want to be the first to say EF welcomes me with sincere advice and helpful ideas. I found this site from over thousand miles away from home while searching much help for my IELTS essay. Henceforth, I kept EF under constant surveillance day and night, and then in 2014 I decide to get involve in EF. With moderators, contributors and other members' assistance, I develop my writing skills by reading published writings, giving and taking some thoughtful feedback while meeting someone new who has better insights, like you."

Eddy Suaib, EssayForum.com Contributor
Hasbi "Muhammad Hasbi is a native of Makassar, Indonesia and has lived in Jakarta since 2015. Since 2014, Hasbi has been Deputy Secretary for LPM Penalaran UNM and responsible for a few research in Indonesia and he is the Vice President of Hasbi Computer. His Informatic Computer background and focus on community collaboration have led him to a number of volunteer opportunities and community leadership roles. He received his Bachelor of Education in Informatics Technology at The State University of Makassar. Growing up very poor taught me that hard work and thrift are sometimes the only things a person can afford."

Muhammad Hasbi, EssayForum.com Contributor

fadlanmuzakki

EF_Kevin
Fadlan "I was an international relations student at National University in Indonesia, and I intend for taking a post graduate program at Kings College University London in the United Kingdom this year. As an IELTS tutor at the moment, I have never expected before to find this website enormously helpful on how to improve my writing skill. Simultaneously, EssayForum is drawn my attention dramatically when I have been giving feedback to my students and members inasmuch as it can be useful comments for other IELTS Takers in this website. I would argue that I can take advantages of both worlds in that I can learn by posting my writing and comment other essays on this prestigious website."

Best regards,

Fadlan Muzakki, EssayForum.com Contributor
Kevin "EF_Kevin is an English editor-for-hire who lives in Boston, where he works part-time as a kung fu warrior (mostly crime-fighting). Kevin teaches a method of strategic writing called Step-Aside Style, and he says it is a kind of kung fu even though it really is not. Kevin just thinks kung fu is really cool. You can visit Doctor My Document if you want to buy his e-books about strategic writing, self-hypnosis, meditation practice, English language learning, study skills, and the 'psychology of language.'"

EF Kevin, EssayForum.com Contributor

Anfalia

ah_zafari
Anfa "Hello, I'm Anfalia from Indonesia. I have finished my Bachelors degree with emphasis on English Education Department. I have been working as an English teacher, and I have experienced to teach English at earlier through higher Education field. My passion is in Education, so I love to share my knowledge in teaching process. Furthermore, I am also keen on learning other foreign languages such as French,Japan,and Mandarin languages. However, Im studying IELTS now as my new English knowledge because I want to acquire an international recognizes qualification for my education. I join this essay forum as the suggestion from my English tutor. And EF helps me more to improve my writing skill, also to share about globalization ideas with you. Hopefully, I can share my best ability with you."

Anfa, EssayForum.com Contributor
Ahmad "I am Ahmad Zafari from Iran and I am a 27 single man. I have got a M.Sc degree in Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science. Research is my favorite work and for this purpose I am going to continue my study. Playing computer games and watching movies are my hobbies. I familiarized with EssayForum.com while I was searching for an English word in the Internet. I joined this great, useful website in 2012. In fact, this website not only can improve the writing proficiency of people , but also it gives us an opportunity to share our attitudes toward many different aspects of life because what we write comes from our thoughts."

Ahmad Zafari, EssayForum.com Contributor

aviniwirastri

akbartaufiq25
Wira "I am Wira from Indonesia. I am really interested in writing because it is the best way to express my thoughts independently. What i expect is to share what i know and to learn more from others. Being a part of EssayForum is one of my biggest dreams since i like the atmosphere of meeting many educated people from any other parts of the world. It is also related to what i am doing now, as an educator. i never feel satisfied in studying and getting more knowledge, so i wish that by communicating and sharing ideas in this forum can help me to upgrade. I believe that having a big effort and endurance will bring us to a place that we wish."

Wira, EssayForum.com Contributor
Taufiq "Greetings to all EF members! The name is Taufiq. I live in Gorontalo, Indonesia. My previous major in English Education equips me the fundamental of English language skill. Still, dealing with grammar is a challenge for me until I join EF. I am glad to be a part of the forum. Contributing actively in EF develops my comprehension regarding the aspects of grammar as well as polishing my writing skill. I am positive that the benefits of becoming an active member of EF helping me to pursue my dream to be an accredited translator in the future."

Taufiq, EssayForum.com Contributor

irhame

DoctorWho
Irham "Irham Amir is an Indonesian who graduated from Al-Azhar University, Egypt. Furthermore, he has lived in Indonesia and he speaks 3 languages, Indonesian, Arabic, and English. He is studying IELTS for continuing his master. While he is more likely to increase his ability in writing, he tends to share his knowledge about writing to others. As such, he is very keen on joining Essay Forum. Clearly, writing is his hobby."

Irham, EssayForum.com Contributor
Deny "Hello Essay Forum Members. I am Deny Ponnachan, a Final year Medical Student currently residing in Bangalore, India. I grew up in the beautiful city of Dubai and even though my roots are from India, I call it my hometown. Other things about me you should know : Animal Lover, Grey's Anatomy Fanatic, Bathroom Singer, Novice guitarist, Warcraft addict & Foodie. From a very young age, I had this undying love for the English Language and as I grew older, this feeling became much stronger. I may have a great aptitude for Science but this is my passion. I discovered Essay Forum a few months back and was instantly hooked onto it. The feeling of gratitude and satisfaction I get when I review an essay reminds me of the happy smiles of my hospital patients when they recover from an illness. Being a Contributor, I hope to help out as many of you as I possibly can. As Robert Ingersoll rightfully said, 'We rise by Lifting Others!'"

Deny, EssayForum.com Contributor

Be a Leader among Your Peers!

(Any EssayForum member can become an EF Contributor)

As a Member of EssayForum...

You understand the value of scholarly collaboration, and by participating in an academic forum you are demonstrating your seriousness about education.

...You Are Visiting the EF Contributor Page

When you come to the Forum and read someone's essay, you are using your own time to help another student improve his or her writing. Although it may take you only a few minutes to review someone's essay, your meaningful feedback will go a long way to help that person.

When you apply for a job or for college, it helps if you can list activities that reflect your aptitude for teamwork and collaboration. When you become an EssayForum Contributor, you are demonstrating enthusiasm and leadership. This is a rewarding activity that helps other students and looks great on an application.

You DO Have Something to Contribute

To become an EF Contributor, it is not necessary for you to be an expert at writing and editing. Even if you are NOT yet an expert at the written English language, you can still help students improve their writing by letting them know what effects their essays had on you. No one else has your perspective and your ideas, so no one can help in quite the same way.

Are you still learning English as an ESL student? Always remember that, as a bilingual person, you have a special understanding of language. Contributor status is not just for native speakers of English. It is for everyone!

Be a Contributor (It's Very Quick and Easy to Apply!)

All you need to do is provide some thoughtful feedback ("Peer Review") for at least 20 essays, and then send a message to us. Let us know that you are interested in becoming a contributor, and we will evaluate the feedback that you have given other students. If you consistently provide sincere advice and helpful ideas to other members, we will establish you as an EF Contributor, and your contributor status will be active for as long as you continue to review at least TEN ESSAYS EACH MONTH.

Your Username Will Be Given [Contributor] Status So That:

We can attest to your participation by recognizing you on this Contributor Page. If you wish, you can have your school represented on this page, along with our information about how you have contributed at EssayForum. We can even include your picture!

In addition, all contributors will be able to directly communicate with moderators and other contributors by private mail to make sure the process of assisting others is as smooth and rewarding as possible!

When You Have Given Meaningful Feedback (Not Just One Sentence!) to at Least 20 Other EssayForum Members:

Contact Us and Become an EF Contributor!

Some students choose to go the extra mile in their effort - to refine an admissions essay, to master the English language, or to learn the subtleties of academic writing. Your parents and teachers should be proud of your proactive approach to learning. While others go online and seek only entertainment, you can take time to participate as an EF Contributor at EssayForum.