Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

The important of soliloquies in Macbeth

Sammy 4 / 9  
Hi, for my Macbeth summative, I have to write an essay about the importance of soliloquies in Macbeth. So far I have created a thesis: 'The important of soliloquies in Macbeth plays a significant role because they reveal important aspects about the characters such as upcoming plans, fears and emotions.' I would gratefully appreciate if someone can help me with this by creating some example topic sentences, supporting details or even quotations from the play. Thanks a lot.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'd be happy to give you an idea or two to get you started:

Soliloquy allows the audience to hear the inner thoughts of a character, drawing us inside his mind and creating a bond between him and his listeners. Soliloquies are of particular importance in Macbeth, as they demonstrate his progressive deterioration throughout the play.

You might want to look at each of Macbeth's soliloquies in order, and compare them, noting his emotional state in each. How does his character change over the course of the play? Could Shakespeare have revealed so much of Macbeth's character without using the soliloquies? Just some things to think about.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Book Reports / The important of soliloquies in Macbeth