Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee, coming of age novel. Essay about theme?

memyselfandipod 1 / -  
I basically have all I need I just don't know how to turn this into an essay, especially the introductary paragraph.

A good introductory paragraph about 3-5 sentances which includes the TAG, the conflict, and the theme.

TAG = To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee, coming of age novel

conflict = The innocence that Scout and Jem have in the begging of the novel is threatened by a bunch of incidents that expose the evil side of human nature

theme = If a person looks at life with sympathy and understanding, then it's possible to maintain faith in humanity despite it's capacity for evil

but for the body I don't know what to do.
I just know I need to use character examples and conflict examples
linmark 2 / 328 7  
How about starting by writing down how you feel about the theme and the central role of conflict in the lead characters? How do you see their "coming of age?" Based on your personal experience (or opinion) is loss of innocence caused by or inextricably linked to the evil side of human nature? Do you agree with the theme "If a person looks at life with sympathy and understanding, then it's possible to maintain faith in humanity despite it's capacity for evil?

i.e. do you have faith in humanity despite its capacity for evil?

Accompany your argument with what you feel are the strongest examples in the story. Debate with the characters and play devil's advocate to convince the reader of your position (faith in humanity... or not.) It will help for you to take a position!!

Home / Book Reports / To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee, coming of age novel. Essay about theme?