Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka - Monologue

acasillas23 1 / 1  
Hi, I've just been assigned an english project where I have to create a 5 min. monologue through the perspective other than that of the protagonist, Gregor Samsa. Being that this is my first attempt in writing a monologue, I'm having issues starting. I'm planning on writing through the perspective of Grete Samsa from chapter three till the end. I'm not sure whether I write it as if I'm reflecting back on what had happened or as if I'm presently going through the story? Any feedback would be great, thanks.
I'm not sure whether I write it as if I'm reflecting back on what had happened or as if I'm presently going through the story?

You are procrastinating! :-)

I think you know that you can choose either of those. This is a creative assignment. So... that is why I think subconsciously you are procrastinating. That happens to me, too.

And it is okay if you have never written one of these. Just think of it as a speech! Before you begin, google this:
Gregor Samsa character analysis

That will help you to know what feelings and ideas you want to "speak" about.
Good luck!!
OP acasillas23 1 / 1  
Thanks for the helpful advice, unfortunately I didn't receive it before the assignment was due, but I still got a fairly good grade for my speech. (:

I realized it was just a speech that needed to show a lot of emotion to really connect with the character and just have some specific details relating to the book. Next time I'll have a better preparation for this kind of assignment thanks to you.(:
Well, I don't think I really gave much help. Congratulations on the successful assignment. I'm glad you are participating here; please help some people with their essays sometimes, and let us help you again when we can.

Home / Book Reports / The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka - Monologue