Unanswered [5] | Urgent [0]

Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 4

Need research topic (automata languages and computation or system programming)

Meetu 1 / -  
May 8, 2012   #1
Iam working as Assistant Professor.I would like to do PhD in automata languages and computation or system programming.Please suggest me any new problem in this area.


EF_Kevin 8 / 13,334 129  
May 19, 2012   #2
That's such a large field, and it's very new. You have plenty of room to make contributions, but I can't really list problems for you to solve. In order to identify the most pressing issues in your area of interest, I would have to be an expert in that area. That's why you need to make a contribution like this in order to become an expert. Writing a thesis or dissertation is only 10% of the work. The other 90% is reading enough RECENT articles by others so that you know what problems have been tackled and what has been done about them. You'll find your own research question when you look at the next logical step that should be taken after the steps that are being taken now (i.e. you build off of another recent article). So Google around for "automata language" to find articles about it, and read one that has a literature review.

The trick is to read an excellent, recent literature review. : )
sharan - / 1  
Nov 14, 2012   #3

hi kelvin i need your help i am a student and got admission in phd I am little bit confused about my topic please suggest me the right one so that i ll move on the right track They are "SIMILARITY OF AUTOMATA & TURING MACHINE".

bimongol 2 / 4  
Dec 3, 2012   #4
I am not kelvin but my suggestion is to go with the one you are more comfortable/familiar with. If not, do some research on both and go with the one that has more material on it.

Home / Dissertations / Need research topic (automata languages and computation or system programming)