Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 13

'Passionate about business studies' - correct sentence?

lkformtch 3 / 13  
Hello everyone,

is it right to say this ? : my passion about business goes right back since i was a child

thank you for replying
chalumeau /  
"My passion for business goes back to childhood."
Alternatives:
"My passion for business goes back 30 years."
"I have been passionate about business for 30 years."

Your welcome
OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
thank you very much chalumeau
OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
I have another question, thanks in advance,

is it correct to say this ? :

this bachelor degree will prepare me for graduate level courses and research, as I am keen to participate in some research projects
chalumeau /  

A bachelor's degree will prepare me for graduate-level coursework and research.

I thought that the rest of the sentence was simply a restatement of the first part.
Here's a more thoughtful example:

" Obtaining a bachelor's degree is a necessary first step, as I am keen on performing graduate-level academic research in the near future."
OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
Thank you very much chalumeau, I appretiate it
OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
Hello everyone ,

here is an essay of why I have selected a bachelor degree in computer science , please tell me what you think about it, thanks :

Since an early age, I've always been passionate about computers and their hardware and software architectures, how data are handled and transferred from the cpu to the memory and vice versa , and then stored in a disk drive , etc ...

I believe a computer science degree will provide me with theoretical as well as practical knowledge in programming, algorithms, operating systems, software engineering,

Obtaining a bachelor's degree is a necessary first step, as I am keen on performing graduate-level academic research in the near future.
chalumeau /  
Since an early age, I've always been passionate about computers and their hardware and software architectures, data storage, and processing components. how data are handled and transferred from the cpu to the memory and vice versa , and then stored in a disk drive , etc ...

OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
Thank you chalumeau,

what about the struck through line, do I have to change it ?
chalumeau /  
jsadklasdj means to delete that part.

Any other questions?
What programming languages do you know?
OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
Hi,

I know java, php, c/c++, .net , etc ..

please tell me about that crossed out text, a reason why i have to delete it,

thank you very much
chalumeau /  

---"Always" means "every single time." It's inappropriate to use "always" and another modifier ("since an early age") that means "for a long time." I would use one or the other.

Let me give you another example, "I learned how to knit sweaters five years ago, and I've always been passionate about knitting." I would use the more specific clause mentioning the five years: "Since I learned how to knit five years ago, I've developed my passion: the cable knit sweater."

I try to avoid phrases that use "vice versa" and "etc."
OP lkformtch 3 / 13  
Thank you very much, i appreciate it

Home / Grammar, Usage / 'Passionate about business studies' - correct sentence?