Home / Letters   % width   Posts: 2

Software engineer - Motivation Letter for CERN Technical Studentship

What is your motivation for applying for this job?

My motivation for applying to the CERN studentship comes from my younger brother, who aspires to be a software engineer "like me." I hail from a small village of XYZ, India, where education has traditionally been a luxury of the rich. Those who lack financial resources are typically destined to work in the fields with their parents, but my parents decided to break this cycle by giving me the opportunity to study with whatever resources they could muster. And when I got the opportunity this year to go to Los Angeles, California, and work at the University of XYZ, it ignited a spark of hope in the eyes of many students like me in my village, whose parents are merely "farmers"-including my own cousin, whose parents considered education a waste of hands that could otherwise work the fields and earn some bread for the family.

The first mention of CERN comes in our elementary school textbooks as the birthplace of WWW. And the idea of working with an organization so significant that it is mentioned in our textbooks sounds like a dream. This is what drives me to be a part of CERN-to demonstrate to children and their parents that education is the key to changing our future and breaking the cycle of generational poverty. By contributing to such a pioneering institution, I aim to inspire the next generation to pursue knowledge and innovation as pathways to personal and global advancement.

Note- I have not included anything about my past experience since the next question asks to briefly elaborate my experience in the fields i have mentioned that i am interested in.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15169 4859  
Your desire to be an inspiration to the students from your village is admirable. However, that should not be the only reason that you should want to apply for this scholarship. You should balance out the explanation by first describing how you want to be an inspiration to your village children and second, how applying for CERN is something that you professionally aspire to achieve because of the benefits that it could bring you.

Do not focus solely on the possibility of inspiring your villagers. That should cover only a strong single paragraph. I urge you to use the 2nd paragraph descriptor on this essay for that purpose. You can develop a new paragraph explaining the reason you want to work with CERN next.

Home / Letters / Software engineer - Motivation Letter for CERN Technical Studentship
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: