Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 5

"the biggest problems blue-collar Americans face" - Thesis statement

bela 1 / 1  
I will analyze one of the biggest problems blue-collar Americans face; having to work multiple minimum wage jobs for low wages. I will go into greater detail and focus on the underlying root of the problem, the numerous effects the problem has on the person and the people around him/her and conclude by finding a solution

Above is my thesis for the book Nickel and DImed by Ehrenreich and I have to analyze impact working multiple min.wage jobs has on a family and focus on cause/effects, and offer solutions and my perspective on the issue

Is my thesis good? PleasE comment thanks
Mizo Metallic 2 / 9  
well, your thesis sentence is pretty well; but, from my pont of view, you have to create more suspense or get the reader's attraction to continue reading your essay here are the correction.

I will analyze one of the biggest problems blue-collar Americans face (say your topic essay).(delete it) I will go into greater detail ( add S) and focus on the underlying root of the problem, the numerous effects the problem has on the person and the people around him/her and conclude by finding a solution, I agree or do not agree without hesitation that ....

hope it works for you
If the thesis refers directly to the book by Ehrenreich, it will be unique, because it will establish his work as a theme for yours. So, I think you should write a thesis that mentions his book and your unique point that you want to make about it.

I really think you should just write several paragraphs (be sure to begin each para with a topic sentence) to see what is going on in your own mind. Remember, one para = one idea (i.e. expressed in the topic sentence,, supported with an example.

Let each para be about 100 words, with 4 or 5 sentences.

After rereading his book, and reading some related articles, write a few paragraphs, and then look at the direction you seem to be taking. Write a thesis that says something about what YOU think about what Ehrenreich says about this issue and what other people say. Use a unique theme.
OP bela 1 / 1  
Mizo Metallic
Thanks
icemaster2340 14 / 34  
Depends on how formal the essay has to be... my teacher does not like me to use I in any part of the paper, but then again, different teachers have different standards and expectations.

Home / Book Reports / "the biggest problems blue-collar Americans face" - Thesis statement