Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

Margaret Laurence's novel, The Stone Angel

Jewel 3 / 1  
Thanks a lot sir for your input. It helped a lot. Sir, you showed me exactly where to improve upon. I corrected it, according to your suggestions. Now, I am working on "[i]The Stone Angel[/i]". I just finished introduction on an essay on the development of the Hagar-Lottie relationship. I was wondering If you could just help me correct what I have done so far.

Thanking You
Jewel Stephen

In Margaret Laurence’s novel, The Stone Angel, a number of intricate human relationships are portrayed. One such relationship is between Hagar Shipley and Lottie Drieser. Although as a child Hagar Currie would be mortified to admit it, she ends up resembling her childhood friend in many ways. The two women are connected by such a unique bond, that through the years, Hagar’s memories will often reflect back upon the young girl that the townspeople had nicknamed: “No-name Lottie Drieser”. As time passes, and the two girls grow into women, their resemblance, both physically and emotionally, compliments the suffering that each will face as they grow older. Each woman has a unique inner strength that enables them to face great challenges without backing away, and each is the victim, sooner or later, of a society that judges its citizens based on social class, wealth and appearance. Beginning in her youth, to adolescence, and ultimately throughout her adulthood, Hagar will come to recognize, and accept, that her childhood friend, Lottie Drieser, was capable of the same inner strength, if not more, than herself, Hagar Shipley, is so proud in her own character.
When you write "a number" you have to write is instead of are.
A number of intricate human relationships is portrayed. ---> but that does not sound right, so you have to be creative!
In Margaret Laurence's The Stone Angel, several intricate human relationships are portrayed.

I'll move some commas:
The two women are connected by such a unique bond that, through the years, Hagar's memories will often...

Beginning in her youth, continuing in adolescence, and ultimately remaining throughout her adulthood, Hagar will come to recognize and accept that her childhood friend Lottie Drieser was capable of inner strength comparable to that which makes Hagar Shipley feel so proud about her own character.
OP Jewel 3 / 1  
First of all, thank you very much for all your suggestions and corrections regarding both of my essays. I will finish both the essays and post it as soon as they are complete.

Now, I am preparing for the ILC final examination and I urgently need a favor from you. I have come to know that a student of the Essay Forum whose name is "Sean McConville" with user name "fallin_romeo", has recently appeared for the ILC final examination. Since I am an ILC student, there is no direct contact with the teachers and so I cant get any tips for the final examination. As "fallin_romeo" has appeared for the examination, I has get some first-hand information and tips from him regarding the same. But I cannot contact him because I don't have his email address or contact details. Only you can provide me with this. It is only a little help from you that can help me a lot. so please be kind enough to send me any of the contact details of this student as early as possible, as I am writing the examination next Tuesday(December 8th).Awaiting a favorable reply.

Thanking you in advance
Jewel Stephen
Hi Jewel, I don't have access to people's email addresses, but even if I did I could not give them out to anyone. I'm sure you understand why we are not allowed to do that. Our TOS promises that we won't. Maybe you want to post a message on his thread?

https://essayforum.com/books/king-lear-naivety-inability-control-emotions-6708/

...but please don't make a habit of using essay threads for irrelevant communication. We want the essay threads to be about the essays. I'm sorry I can't help! I hope you do well on the test!

Home / Book Reports / Margaret Laurence's novel, The Stone Angel