Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Persuasive essay on The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini + The Devil in the White City

estervogli 1 / -  
"Prompt: The Shorecrest English department is choosing which books they will include on the list for the 9th grade honors summer reading assignment next year. Which of the books that you read should be on the list of required reading for incoming 9th graders? Take a position on this issue and write a multiple paragraph essay persuading the English department to agree with your position."

The books I chose for this assignment were The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

I was basically wondering how exactly to do this. I have read both books, and they are both fantastic. Larson's attention to detail during the 1893 World's Fair and Hosseini's gut wrenching emotions were amazing. I personally chose The Kite Runner to be the book I would like to persuade the English department to use.

The prompt is simple enough, but I have no idea how to start the essay or even how to put it together. If you could give me some general ideas on how you would start this type of an essay or how you would put it together, that would be great!

I'll also put up my essay later, and you may critique that one :)
RyoJinKyu 1 / 3  
Just start it simply and add in complexity later on. A simple statment as to why the books are a good choice as opposed to some others or something along those lines.

Home / Book Reports / Persuasive essay on The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini + The Devil in the White City