Home / Book Reports   % width   Posts: 3

My story begins in Southern part of Mycomb Country -To Kill a Mockingbird Expository

carmeng10 1 / -  
Through my eyes the reader gets detailed and vivid impressions of the citizens of Maycomb town. On the other hand my young age is proof of my reckless behavior.

My story develops in the southern part of Maycomb County, a tire, poor, old town in the grips of the Great Depression in 1930. The society that surrounds me is interested in wearing dresses and learning manners, while I feel more comfortable wearing overalls and climbing trees with my brother Jem and Dill our neighbor. So as you might have guessed, I don't have much interest in stereotypical girl things, like dolls or dresses. Sometimes "my tomboyish" nature drives my Aunt Alexandra crazy and once she even came to stay with our family in part to try to make a proper little girl out of me, so the first task was giving up my overalls. But in some way I do come to recognize that being a lady has some value. And unlike other children at my school, I know how to read and write.

My mother died when I was only 2 years, and although I don't remember much about her, Calpurnia, my nanny, played the role of my mother. She's always telling me how to be nice to people and to be caring with, like for example the time when Walter Cunningham came to dinner and I felt disgusted by his table manners and Calpurnia, who had more education than most colored folks around my town, furiously requested my presence in the kitchen to scold on my reckless behavior.

Or when fighting was my solution to everything, like when I went after Walter after and I got into trouble on his behalf on the very first day of school, I beat Dill up when he doesn't pay enough attention to me.

I've noticed that the citizens of my town have a racial prejudice against the colored people like my nanny; they also criticize you or judge you by your social position. Sometimes my father, who is a lawyer, teaches me that humanity has a great capacity of evil but it also has a great capacity of good, he is very wise. Calpurnia says he is a highly respected and responsible citizen of our town, and he is the role model of my brother Jem. My father lets us call him by his name and although he is always busy with his work, he does manage to find time and patience to explain the issues of human nature to us, teaching us good values and sense of moral.

My dad taught me that the mature demeanor of how to conduct myself in public, an at the same time how to luxuriate in one's own decisions. Coming to an end, one has to conclude that I am a round, but dynamic person. My attitude is very complex, but changes from accepting things as they are in the beginning to questioning adults in the end, which one doesn't usually expect from a ten year old girl as me.

something 23 / 52 5  
... my Aunt Alexandra crazy and once she even came to stay ...

don't have to capital "A "
dumi 1 / 6909 1592  
The society that surrounds me is interested in wearing dresses and learning manners, while I feel more comfortable wearing overalls and climbing trees with my brother Jem and Dill our neighbor.

The society where I grow is interested in being prim and proper and well mannered, while I feel more comfortable wearing overalls and climbing trees with my brother Jem and our neighbor Dill.

So as you might have guessed, I don't have much interest in stereotypical girl things, like dolls or dresses.

So, as you may have already guessed, I have very little of a stereotype girl who loves dolls and dresses.

and once she even came to stay with our family in part to try to make a proper little girl out of me, so the first task was giving up my overalls.

and the purpose of here coming to stay with us was to transform my nature into a proper girl and her first task was to get me rid of my overalls.

Home / Book Reports / My story begins in Southern part of Mycomb Country -To Kill a Mockingbird Expository
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: