Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 6

PhD Topic on Business Process Management and Enterprise Systems- Help

AhmedT2010 1 / 1  
Hi ALL ,

I am currently undertaking a Master of IT coursework. My main area is Enterprise systems and Information Systems Management. This is my final SEM.

The main areas in which I have some interests are Business Process Management, Business Process Modeling, ERP, IS evaluations, and work-flow systems. As well as I have a deep interest in Project Management in general.

One of the research streams available is: Critical success factors of process management and improvement .This research stream studies business process management or improvement projects in business organizations. The aim of this research is to study why these projects are sometimes successful and sometimes not. The aim is to elicit the factors that help projects to become successful as well as to uncover the factors that impede success.

I am to register for PhD program; I really want to find a more focused topic of research for my proposal that mix as much as possible all of them.

I am writing here because I need to be oriented in these fields. I would like to know if
someone has an idea of any interesting research topic in which I can go deeply. I don't need an extreme advanced topic but only one which combines ES, BPM together with the use of work-flow systems.

Thanks in advance for your kind help and advice .

Br
A
I have only a very basic understanding of what you are talking about. I hope you will read all the available articles that have been written recently by people in your field and think about the approaches they took. Read the work of John Cresswell, so you will understand research design, and then you will be able to do a great job of creating a research study that is exactly right.

How can you research "Critical success factors of process management and improvement?" I think one good approach might be to use interviews with professionals, and apply "grounded theory" to interpret their responses.

The important thing is to make sure you make a unique contribution to the field...

:-)
OP AhmedT2010 1 / 1  
Hi Kevin

Thank you for your response .

I agree with you . One must read all related literature . However , it may be time consuming at this stage of my preparation .

Seeking some help from proportionals like you , I thought it will be of great support .

Really , I'll take your comment into consideration .

Thanx again .
Have a nice day .
A
Well, it's a subject that is so far away from my own areas of knowledge; I hesitate to say very much. But I don't think I agree about the time consumption concern. It's a good way to see if you are really going to enjoy this field. If you don't mind spending your free time reading, writing, and conversing about it with colleagues, then you probably are heading in the right direction with your career. I know someone who went to college for Management Information Systems and decided instead to become a high school teacher, because he realized that he enjoyed the articles about educational psychology, etc.

I'm glad you joined EssayForum! Maybe some other people in your field will find this thread and have good info to contribute...
:-)
nothando - / 1  
research proposal topic for business management

Hello,there please help me with about 10 topics for a research proposal in the field of business
isai 12 / 111  
Please access jstor.org...look into areas which you interested in and read the abstract, theories , model / approaches and methodology. I am very sure you will some ideas. Apart from that , look at those dissertation , refer chapter 5 future recommendations. Then you can finalise the topics. You got it what I have meant?

Home / Dissertations / PhD Topic on Business Process Management and Enterprise Systems- Help