CBEST Written Exam Help - where to start?

atjobsearch 3 / 6  
I will be taking the CBEST Written Exam in August I need help!!! I do know where to start. Writing is my weakest. I am not good in grammar usage and it is hard for me to organize my thought and provide detail for essay. HELP!!! HELP!!!!! Any suggestion....
Well, you need good structure. It is easier than you think. Just write one excellent sentence to make your point.

After you write a sentence that sums up the argument you are making, give another sentence to explain it a little. Then, give an example. Use as many sentences as necessary to explain the message of that first sentence.

Each paragraph might have 100 words in about 4 or 5 sentences.
One paragraph = One idea.

That makes it easy!! A 5 paragraph essay has about 500 words, and it has one main idea. It also has 3 sub ideas to support the main idea.

Google this: PARAGRAPH TOPIC SENTENCE.

That is the secret key to strong writing. :-)
OP atjobsearch 3 / 6  
Thank you EF_Kevin for your feedback. I will try to post something on the forum so I can get more feedback. Thank you again EF_Kevin.
efi - / 1  
at first.you must write 3or4 sentences as introduction.you can use question's information.but you can not copy same it.it has negetive mark.after introduction,you must find at least 3 ideas for you'r topic.and in 3 paragraphs,you must explain them.in each paragraph,you explain one of ideas.in each paragraph,firstly,write one sentence about you'r idea as main idea,then give example,and try to convince with reasons.then use SO word and write a good sentence for final of paraghraph.you must do this way for 3 ideas.finally,write conclusion.you must use words sush as FINALLY,CONSEQUENTLY,IN THE END,ALL IN ALL,OVERALL or CONCLUTION....use sentences that write better for example:

1-by this I mean
2-in other words
3-it goes without saying that
4-in this regard we can say
.
.
you must memorize those.
SO
IN CONTENT,you must answer to following question:
1-what do you mean about each idea?
2-why
3-how
4-give example
OP atjobsearch 3 / 6  
Thank you so much efi and ef_kevin. Thank you for breaking it down to the simplest detail for the writing that I think I can follow. When it come to writing I am terrified. Thank you sososososososos muuuuuuuccccccchhhhhhhh. :o) You both make my day...
Hey, this is a perfect way to structure and develop a paragraph. It has a topic sentence, then some elaboration... and at the end, you leave us with something "extra" to think about.

:-) So, don't be terrified. You are a natural writer.
christiexoxo - / 1  
Hello EF_Kevin and Amie,

I'll also be taking the CBEST test in the coming August.
Thank you for your post and advice.

Good luck to all the CBEST takers. :-)
Jeecee 5 / 19  
We are in the same boat.

Home / Essays / CBEST Written Exam Help - where to start?