Compare and contrast essay of The Stand vs. Outbreak

chasing_dreams 1 / 1  
I have to write a compare and contrast essay for my English final project. I read the book The Stand written by Stephen King. Now,I have to compare and contrast this novel with the movie Outbreak starring Dustin Hoffman,Morgan Freeman and Rene Russell. I have to find paradigms they have in common with one another as well as differences they share. I really need help and ideas in terms of finding solid and strong arguments for my essay. I hope that the information I provided was helpful. Thanks a lot!
psitutor - / 16  
I suggest you use an essay matrix to divy up the parts of the book and film, then you use each cell to write your paragraphs from. A matrix makes it very easy to compare and contrast information.
Well, if you read the Stand, you probably have a lot of inspiration for this essay. It is so great! It is long, though.

Obviously, they are both about some kind of epidemic, right? I have not seen the film Outbreak, but it sounds like it is about an epidemic.

use this for guidance: eslbee.com/compcont.htm

tzaniello.wordpress.com/epidemic-cinema-as-a-genre/

Remember to look for both similarities and differences, and you will notice interesting things about the significance of the differences. Focus on themes, and... like... the "moral of the story."

Home / Essays / Compare and contrast essay of The Stand vs. Outbreak