Need Ideas! 5 Page Essay on concept defined by both author within their writing.

KimPasha 1 / 1  
I have a 5 page essay for an English Class. We have read Martin Luther King's "letter from Birmingham Jail" and Jonothan Kozol's essay "The Human Cost of an Illiterate Society"

The essay is on how both authors, Martin Luther King Jr. and Jonothan Kozol define a concept (any concept) and why is it of importance and relevance.

Could I get some ideas, on what possible things I should include and talk about. It's long essay, your ideas would be of great help.

Thank You!
Well, in the letter, one of King's important ideas was that you can't consider anyone an "outsider" when we're all right here in America, regardless of skin color. This type of essay can seem overwhelming because you know it has to be so long, but it'll be easy to figure out what to write once you take that first step: Try to find an idea from the other guys work that you could compare with this idea.

Don't forget to use Jr.
Good luck with your essay! This is one that will be easy to write once you get started, because it's great reading, and interesting content by two great writers. It could be way worse, like having to write a three page essay on say,..."What was Shakespeare Trying to Convey by the use of the Word Thine, in Each of the Three Plays.... :)
This kind of essay is tough, because you have to be familiar with all involved works before you can think of what to write. I hope you have read King's letter, it is so powerful!
OP KimPasha 1 / 1  
When your asked to write about "How both authors define a similar concept?" - What are possible things I can write about? Could you throw me some ideas.
The concept of outsider is one that Sue already gave you. There are many others. I insist that you read the letter, because it has a very profound effect on people

stanford.edu/group/King/frequentdocs/birmingham.pdf

It is way easier to go deep into it, make it part of you, and then write from the heart. If you need ideas, you aren't crazy-inspired yet. When you read it, you'll get inspired, and then you will want to write about the concepts that are most meaningful to you.

Home / Essays / Need Ideas! 5 Page Essay on concept defined by both author within their writing.