How to start an essay on NGOs and their roles

ozeee 1 / -  
Hello everyone

I m a new student here and need some urgent help in writing an essay about 'NGOs and their role in sharing the responsibilities with the state'.

I m struggling so I need some help on this. Pls reply if u could help me.

Much appreciated
zowzow 10 / 175  
to start off with, it may be easier to find a real life example about an NGO working with a state at the moment and see what they're doing.

you can look at issues like where is the funding coming from (all private? part government?) and who does what for certain issues they are combating.

is the government providing subsidies for the NGO etc etc

you can start searching with big NGOs like red cross with blood industry, Salvations army for the homeless etc

good luck
psitutor - / 16  
What are some NGOs in your area or that you have seen on the news?

Use the following structure to guide your research. Starting with a clear definition, your Google Scholar search will expose you to literature on this topic.

Hope it helps~

Here is an outline that might help you to kick start your essay of 1500~2500 words. Remember, that a double-spaced page contains appx. 250 words.

Introduction: 250 words

- Broad introductory sentence about the topic.

- Define specific words

- Give sides of the argument

- Why topic is relevant to learn about

- State what the reader will be reading about in the rest of the paper.

Body: 1100 w

Choose three aspects of your topic to write about. Appx. 370 words (a page and a half) for each aspect.

Conclusion: 150w

Summarise what you said in the above paper. Mention again why it is relevant to learn about this subject. Mention how research into this topic can benefit others, and who specifically. End with a quote, line from a song or movie or something snazzy.

Notes: One quote max.

Home / Essays / How to start an essay on NGOs and their roles