Write a letter of reference for yourself in the third person - how to start?

Tonnixellah 1 / 1  

Scholarship application questions

Am so excited to join this website and am so happy for it. Am sorry to start off without writing any essay that I need help from but, I want to apply for two scholarships in a certain country in 2021-2022. And I have some kind of familiar questions that I came across over that I would like to send to you to see how you can approach them so that i can get familiar with them. I would also ask for a request in the support of my essays that I will write for my scholarships in the years above. So, one of the qns I came across was that,"write a letter of reference for yourself in the third person describing how you have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, leader, how you have to contribute to the global community in the future and how you can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results? ". Word limit 300 words.
Hi Sylvia. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about having to write your essays for the scholarship application. I'll be here to help you. I can explain and help you write your essay. Good luck with your applications. I look forward to holding your hand through the application process. As for the letter that you are being asked to write, I am sure that you are familiar with the third person pronouns so I won't bother with explaining those terms to you. What I can tell you though, is that you should write this letter from the point of view of a teacher. If you are not sure about what you can write about in the letter, then, you should do the obvious thing. That is, approach your teacher and ask your teacher to write a reference letter for you based on the questions being asked. The teacher can help you write :

- Exceptional academic achievement references
- creativity as a student
- leadership within the classroom or student government
- Why the teacher things you can stand out from the other students that have the same grades as you do.

You will have to write the part about your contribution to the global community though. This would be in relation to your after school activities. This could be your volunteering for social and civic programs in your community or, through international organizations like GreenPeace, Habitat for Humanity, WWF, and other similar organizations.

Once your teacher has written about the 4 sections i have indicated above, you can then work on developing your own version of the letter, using the information from your teacher as the basis of your reference letter. You can add to it as you need to, remove information you don't think will help your application, and adjust other content where required.

That will be the first draft version that you can post here for my review and advise. Consider that the work in progress. I am sure you can improve upon the content to help strengthen your application. I look forward to reading your draft soon.
OP Tonnixellah 1 / 1  
Wow this is so great I really appreciate the energy your putting in to support the people that you don't even know. I will be looking forward to send my essay in the next 1-2 yes when I will be applying. Am so greatful.

Home / Essays / Write a letter of reference for yourself in the third person - how to start?