'I WILL OFFER THIS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS' - Fulbright application form

mbonilla 1 / 1  
Dear moderators help me to check out my fulbright application form. Thanks in advanced

PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH
THE MOST DISTINGUISHED RESEARCHES DUE THEIR DOMESTIC IMPACT I CAN MENTION ARE:
1 - SETTING ACCESS NETWORK AND CORE CELL FOR EFFICIENT USE OF POINT OF SALES (POS) TERMINALS.
2 - BEST PRACTICES CONFIGURATIONS FOR ISPS CONNECTING TO THE NATIONAL PEERING.
3 - CONFIGURATION OF NETWORK EQUIPMENT TO GET MAXIMUM AVAILABILITY TO INTERNET ACCESS PROJECT TO 65 SCHOOLS MOST OF THEM IN RURAL AREAS.

PROPOSED FIELD OF STUDY AND DESCRIPTION OF YOUR STUDY OBJECTIVES
OVER THE PAST YEARS I HAVE CROSSED ONE OF THE INFLECTION'S LINES IN THE CAREER OF MOST ENGINEERS TO MOVE FROM PURE TECHNICAL TO ADMINISTRATIVE AND BUSINESS ASPECTS THAT CHALLENGE MY SKILLS OF ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT. THAT IS WHY THE FIELD ELECTED TO CONTINUE MY PROFESSIONAL GROWTH IS ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT. MY STUDY OBJECTIVES IS ACQUIRE IN FIRST CLASS EDUCATION THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS IN PLANNING, ORGANIZING, ALLOCATING RESOURCES, AND DIRECTING AND CONTROLLING ACTIVITIES THAT HAVE AN ENGINEERING COMPONENT AS WELL AS STUDY OF STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING, DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION AND COMMERCIALIZATION TECHNOLOGY.

FUTURE PLANS
WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OBTAINED WITH THIS PROGRAM I AM SURE I WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY A SIGNIFICANT ROLE IN SHAPING THE DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES, AND THE COURSE OF THE SOCIETAL TRANSFORMATION THEY ARE PLAYING IN MY COUNTRY THROUGH PRIVATES TECHNOLOGICAL SECTORS OR GOVERNMENT REGULATOR. I AM A RECONIZED PROFESSIONAL IN THIS INDUSTRY SO I AM SURE I WILL INSERT EASILY IN MY RETURN.

WHAT IS YOUR PROPOSED MAJOR FIELD OF STUDY? BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE SPECIFIC AREA OF YOUR FIELD IN WHICH YOU PLAN TO SPECIALIZE?
MY PROPOSED MAJOR FIELD OF STUDY IS MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.
THE DESIRED SPECIALIZATION IS THE ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT DUE THE CHALLENGES PRESENTED BY RAPID INNOVATION, SHORTER PRODUCT LIFE CYCLES, AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES I AM FACING IN RECENT YEARS IN MY LAST POSITIONS. I AM SURE THIS KING OF SPECIALIZATION WILL ALLOW ME TO STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE AND THE COMPETITION HOW TO MANAGE INNOVATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE, CONDUCT TECHNOLOGY FORECASTING, AND IDENTIFY PROMISING EMERGING TECHNOLOGIESTO BE KNOWLEDGE IN THE FIELDS OF INDUSTRIES IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN DEVELOPING FOR OVER 15 YEARS SUCH AS INTERNETWORKING AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS

FUTURE PLANSMY CURRENT EMPLOYER TELEFONIA CELULAR DE NICARAGUA SA. IS THE SECOND LARGEST COMPANY IN MOBILE PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICES IN THE COUNTRY BELONGING TO THE MULTINATIONAL TELEFONICA SPAIN WHICH THROUGH ITS TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCES HAS SUPPORTED ME IN MY PROFESSIONAL TRAINING GIVEN THE CURRENT POSITION OF LEADERSHIP AND KEY I HAVE AS A CHIEF EXPERT IN DATA NETWORK AND CORPORATES CUSTOMERS. THAT IS WHY MY FIRST CHOICE IN MY RETURN IS APPLY THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ACQUIRED IN THIS TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION COMPANY. THEY PROMISED ME TO DOTHE BEST EFFORT TO RELOCATED IN THE RIGHT POSITION AS SOON I RETURN TO HOME.

IN ADDITION I WILL OFFER THIS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS TO HIGH EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION WHICH ALLOWS ME TRANSFER THEM IN REGULAR OR IRREGULAR COURSES TO MY COLLEAGUES AND NEW GENERATIONS
chalumeau /  
Receiving a Fulbright Scholarship is almost as hard as winning an Academy Award or winning the lottery. The committee looks at your school's reputation, your achievements, and your motivation for further achievement. It's not easy even for the most gifted students. It will be tough for you: 1)no current school 2) English is a 2nd language 3) little access to professors etc.

Are there other scholarships for which you would be better qualified? Technology seems to be well funded these days.

"In many countries, particularly those with binational commissions, scholars are expected to submit evidence that they have identified a host affiliation in the United States as part of the application process, well before an actual grant is awarded. Scholars usually include a letter of invitation from the host institution in their application materials." from the Fulbright website.

fulbright.state.gov/policies/students-from-partner-countries.html

Look at the rigorous selection criteria. By the time you apply, you have to have your project planned out and accepted by a host. The application is almost the last step.

It seems more effort is required on your part! Good luck.
OP mbonilla 1 / 1  
Thanks Chalumeau, the selection process here in my country is commanded by US embassy and here is what they ask:

SELECTION CRITERIA
-Citizenship and current residency in Nicaragua
-Undergraduate degree equivalent to B.A. or B.S.
- Good command of English language (equivalent to 520 in the TOEFL). If the candidate does not have current TOEFL score, the program will offer a test during the selection process

-Excellent academic history
-Possibility to apply in Nicaragua the knowledge acquired through the scholarship
Download application

Also in the form they do not ask to have a host affiliation in US. so I think this requierement is by certain countries.
chalumeau /  
Before I read anything, I would ask that you please use a font that includes both lower- and uppercase letters. It is nearly impossible to proofread/edit your application.

Suggestions:
1) Change to a font that uses both lower-and uppercase letters
2) Under the section, "publications and research," describe each example in a short paragraph---not a sentence fragment.
3) Run it through a grammar checker and spelling checker. Many grammar checkers (whatever you find in Word etc.) are not too bad.

I'll be happy to proofread/edit an improved version. I don't want to rewrite your application for you.

Thanks

Home / Graduate / 'I WILL OFFER THIS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS' - Fulbright application form