Personal statement for master in information technology with artificial intelligence specialization

userc 1 / -  
MSC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

"One percent progress every day is better than none" is the motto I always adhere to. I prioritize various aspects of my life, starting with health through activities such as exercise, cultivating reading habits, and delving into new technological advancements during my free time. Particularly, machine learning intrigues me due to its practical applications in daily life. As a software developer, I constantly seek opportunities to innovate more creatively and contribute to the latest developments in the field. To achieve this, I am dedicated to enhancing the quality of my education by learning from esteemed scientists and gaining diverse perspectives from around the world. To achieve this, I plan to enhance the quality of my education by learning from renowned scientists and gaining global perspectives. Additionally, I aim to seize networking opportunities to broaden my horizons.

As an undergraduate, I gained knowledge in crucial subjects such as algorithms, data structures, and software engineering. I have an internship at [Company] and I developed a web-based parking system to replace their manual employee parking records. The manual process caused delays in reporting and updating upper management. With the new system, any authorized user can access parking records instantly, saving time and eliminating the need for manual entries. This speeds up the reporting process and allows employees to check the company's car availability in real time, improving coordination and avoiding unnecessary delays in car approvals. This practical experience bridged my academic learning and fueled my enthusiasm for applying computer science know-how to real-world issues.

After almost three years of working at [Company], I focus on software engineering, design, and API projects, currently done remotely. Working remotely has honed my technical skills and instilled in me the importance of adaptability and effective communication within a distributed team. One of my key strengths lies in implementing best practices such as clean architecture and dependency injection. I faced and overcame challenges in translating these principles into tangible project results. In a recent API development project, I successfully applied clean architecture, ensuring a modular and maintainable codebase.

Constantly seeking opportunities for self-improvement, I taught myself Python, microservices architecture, and containerization using Docker have been pivotal aspects of my continuous learning journey. These skills have enriched my current skillset and set me up for diving into machine learning.

During my free time, I like to swim and bake. Both of these activities help me refresh my mind. I also love learning languages-I speak Chinese, Indonesian, and English. These skills allow me to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and improve my perspective.

My work experience has assured my determination that the computing field is the field I want to dedicate to, and I am eager to be involved in technological advancements. The projects I have undertaken have been challenging, and I look forward to solving demanding problems in the future. Once allowed admission, I know I have the motivation and capacity to advance in this rewarding and intellectually fulfilling discipline.

To become a successful machine learning engineer, I need more professional education and more advanced knowledge. I am excited about the well-organized curriculum presented by the [University]. The courses, such as Machine Learning and Data Mining, Advanced Topics in Statistical Machine Learning, and Recommender Systems, align perfectly with my academic and career goals. I anticipate leveraging my software engineering foundation to bring innovative solutions to complex problems in machine learning while nurturing a long-term vision of developing innovative applications that have a lasting impact.

The MSc in Information Technology offered by the [University] fits well into my plan, I will be able to acquire the required skills and knowledge to become a leader in this transformative field. I would be honored if given a chance to pursue a master's program at your institution. My experiences highlight qualities such as discipline, self-motivation, and commitment. I am confident that these attributes will contribute to my academic success and position me as a valuable asset to the institution.
Since this is a personal statement, it should not touch on your academic and professional exposure. The personal statement is meant to allow the reviewer to assess if you would be a social fit for their student community. That has more to do with who you are beyond the classroom and the workplace. That is why paragraphs 2,3, and 4 seem to be out of place in this discussion. The essay will definitely become shorter without those paragraphs, but it would be more adherent to the personal statement requirements. It will allow you to deliver more of a personal insight into who you are as a person, rather than as a student or professional.

Home / Graduate / Personal statement for master in information technology with artificial intelligence specialization