Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 4

How to read a peer reviewed article in less than 20 minutes?

Fun Bob 5 / 17  
HI

Can anybody advise as how to read a peer reviewed article in less than 20 min

I mean what are most imp things to read in the article
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'd be happy to help! Many peer-reviewed articles have an abstract at the beginning which includes the main points presented in the article. If the one you are using does not, begin by paying close attention to the title. Articles in peer-reviewed journals are often long and informative. Next, look for the thesis statement in the opening paragraph. It will give you the main thrust of the article so you will know how relevant it is to the topic you are researching. Skim through the following paragraphs, looking for key words that relate to your topic. If possible, use the "Find" function on your computer to locate the important terms (assuming you are reading the article online). You might want to highlight these terms if possible, or cut and paste them into a document which will allow you to do so. If the article is long and complex, make quick notes as you skim through it, particularly looking for quotations you can use in your writing. If you can pick out the terms which are most relevant to your purpose, it may not be necessary to read the entire article to find what you need.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP Fun Bob 5 / 17  
Thanks a lot sarah...greatly appreciate ur help..this is a great webiste...
nasph - / 3  
Hey Fun Bob,

I've always found Rapid Reader helpful in reading things quickly - rapidreader.com/scientific.html

Home / Grammar, Usage / How to read a peer reviewed article in less than 20 minutes?