Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Application for the position of PhD student subsidized by CSC

kukujide 1 / 1 1  
Dear Prof. _____:

I'm ______, a master student from Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. Supervised by Prof. ______ and my major is ornamental horticulture. I will accomplish my master research in March, 2017. I am full of motivation and passion for my profession,so I am looking for a suitable Ph.D. position to continue future study. I want to apply for a program from CSC (China Scholarship Council), which will cover all living cost I need in U.S. for 4 years. Thus I write this E-mail to you to inquire whether your group welcome a new PhD candidate who is interested in breeding and application of new varieties.

My main research direction now is tissue culture and genetic breeding of Lilium. In past two year, I engaged in optimize the propagation conditions and through genetic transformation to improve quality. Screened out the good germplasm resources from many varieties. I think it is very exciting to nurture new varieties and can be put into actual production. I have some experience and are strong willing to continue research.

The attachment is my CV. If you have any questions, please contact me through either way. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards!

Yours sincerely, ______
Li, you may need to reformat the letter in order to create a better chance of having the professor pay attention and hopefully, gain interest in what you are requesting for. Let me show you how I think your letter should be presented. This is an incomplete version. I just want you to have an idea as to how to better format your letter in order to make it more informative.

I am _____, a Horticulture Masters Degree student at Zhejiang University located in Hangzhou, China. An an Ornamental Horticulture major, the main thrust of my current research is focused on tissue culture and the fenetic breeding of Lilium. For the past 2 yeas, I have engaged in propagation activities using genetic transformation. The results of which are seen in the quality of the plant...

I am currently looking for a group that will have room for a new Phd candidate with my interests. I am hoping that you will be that group for me. I am scheduled to graduate in March 2017 but I am hoping to stay on to complete my research using the China Scholarship Council grant....
OP kukujide 1 / 1 1  
@Holt Thank you for you edit, I think your recommend very useful to me

Home / Letters / Application for the position of PhD student subsidized by CSC