Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Letter to employer stating problems in the job

abhigeorge 6 / 20 2  
You recently took a part-time job working for a local company. After a few weeks you realised there were some problems with the job.
Write a letter to the manager of the company. In your letter
- explain why you took the job
- describe the problems that you experienced
- suggest what could be done about them
-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Charles,
I work part time in the accounts department of your company. I took up this job to gain practical experience in accountancy, which would help me with my CA course later. However in my 3 weeks of work here I have discovered some problems.

All transactional data are stored locally in computers of accountants, and later they copy it manually into the balance sheet. This leaves a lot of room for error and is not a recommended practice. There should be a standard method to post transaction records and updating balance sheet automatically.

The software used to maintain the financial data has very limited features. For example there is no possibility to prepare a report based on a particular ledger account. I strongly suggest that the company should invest in better accounting software. Some of the popular softwares are Tally and AccountPro.

Maintaining financial data correctly is very crucial for a company both in terms of profitability and compliance to government regulations. Thus it is important that we standardize our accountancy practices. I hope you would consider my proposal and do the needful.

Thanks and regards
Abhi
christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
Hi, Abhi

Good essay with clear sentence to answer all the questions. Please find my suggestions below:

All transactional data are stored locally in computers of accountants, and later they copy it manually into the balance sheet.

I think it should be corrected like following: All transactional data are stored locally in computers of accountants and later copied into the balance sheet manually.

This leaves a lot of room for error andwhich is not a recommended practice.

Home / Letters / Letter to employer stating problems in the job