Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Motivation letter for DAAD scholarships, Master of Development and Governance course

FatemahEbrahimi 5 / 11  

University of Duisburg-Essen application

With this letter, I submit my application and express my motivation for enrollment to the Master of Development and Governance course at University of Duisburg-Essen.

Afghanistan, with more than three decades of war, struggles with plenty of crisis specially in implementation of democracy and good governance. Relationship based appointments and corruption has suffered meritocracy. Growing up in such circumstances, I become interested in politics when I was a young student in school. Thus, I persuaded my bachelor degree at Law and Political Science faculty. I never missed any opportunity and took many internships and part time jobs during my bachelor's degree. Also, I was elected as head of Dormitory Girls Association for two years. I valued this opportunity and despite building up my managerial and leadership skills, I appeared as a capable problem solver and influencer of dormitory girls. With limited sources, we could conduct language and computer courses for dormitory girls and advocate for development of a library within dormitory. Since 2014, with a group of volunteer, young, motivated, and committed women, we established an NGO named Empowered Women Organization (EWO). The aim of this organization is to empower women through their educational capacity building and engagement to social activities.

Working for years with different public and private organizations resulted with deep understanding of need for capable and educated policy makers to with modernize understanding of democracy implementation at different level of government agencies in Afghanistan. Through my knowledge and experience, I find democracy as a unique social and political system which paves the way for equality of all the people. I believe that new born leaders with new thought should be equipped with policy making knowledge and modernize understanding of effective democracy system implementation in developing countries like Afghanistan. Instantly, this new born leaders and policy makers will take part in public and private institutions and become the change we aim. As a future leader, this master program will expand my knowledge and experience to even more theoretical and practical aspects of good governance and public policy.

Studying and doing research are things I would like to devote myself even more. Unfortunately, in Afghanistan we face with lack of specialized master program in the field of Public Policy, in which I would like to take my master's degree. Thus I have decided to study in Germany, land of academic opportunity. Since, I am unable to fund myself, I found out DAAD scholarships as a unique opportunity to achieve my goals. Top quality and excellent teaching and research methods of German Universities would equip me with intellectual abilities and personal skills. Unlike Afghanistan, where education system is one of the main target of terrorism, Germany is a safe place to develop my knowledge and potential. I consider it the most valuable experience that I could meet students from all over the world, learn from diversity and their cultures and join the real global community.

Returning back, in the first step, I will dedicate my time to implement the gained theoretical knowledge in to practical efforts with the EWO to contribute the most vulnerable part of the society. Most specifically, I will work for increment number of our beneficiaries. In long term, I as a new-learnt leader, will fill the scarcity of tailored and well-educated authorities, and accelerate the process of reconstruction in a new route.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
in the implementation of ...
Relationship - based appointments has have suffered...
I valued this opportunity and ;however, despite ...
... development of a library within dormitory for them.
... group of volunteers composed of young...
...deep understanding of the need for ... policy makers to with modernize understanding of and democracy ... different levels of government ...

... with new thoughts...
... and modernized understanding of ...
... I would like to take my master's degree in my graduate studies.

Hope those edits help. Good luck :)

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for DAAD scholarships, Master of Development and Governance course