Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Formulating Hypothesis, research: anthropologist, a psychologist, a sociologist

alex10 3 / 5  
hey, i'm taking a course on ILC and need help checking if i did my hypothesis correctly

write a hypothesis on the research view of an anthropologist, a psychologist, and a sociologist based on the subject of technology.

hypotheses reflect the research perspective of an anthropologist, psychologist, and sociologist. (15 marks)

-written in the form of concise statements (3 marks)
-reflect position taken by the writer (3 mark)
-arguable (3 marks)
-reflect a significant matter of social scientists. (3 marks)
-can be tested (3 marks)

this is what is got so far..

psychologist:

Parents are starting to rely on their kids as knowledge authorities in the household because those under the age of 25 are more likely to use the internet, so they behave differently in front of their kids when it comes to situations where knowledge about certain things are required.

anthropologist:

Families were considered to be well off today if they owned a television set receiving cable or satellite channels because technology have been changing over time and what was considered to be well off was fifty years ago when families had a television set with a rabbit-ear antenna is different today.

Sociologist:

Families spend less time together watching television while eating from their TV dinners on TV trays compared to a decade ago when watching television was a family activity, because today it is a norm to have two to three sets of televisions in a household leading to full-family dinners disappearing.

thanks
psychologist:

"Differently" is not as specific as it could be. Make a prediction. Are they, for example, less likely to correct a middle school child's mistakes at the computer than they are to correct the child's mistakes on paper?

anthropologist:

This verb tense is confusing: Families are considered to be well off today if they own ...

The statement is not concise or arguable. Obviously things change with time. What is your claim? You can argue something about how people's perceptions of social status are influenced by the kind of cable plan someone has.

Sociologist:

This one seems quite good! You can test is with a survey, and it is arguable because of other factors that could be involved. Good luck with this difficult assignment!

:-)

Home / Research Papers / Formulating Hypothesis, research: anthropologist, a psychologist, a sociologist