Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

"Technology waste reduction" - ENG102 Lesson#11 Drafting and Peer review 4.09.16

ale2046992 1 / -  

Technology and waste reduction industry

While creating technology improvements, most companies generate waste by utilizing hazardous chemicals that get exposed into the environment. Nowadays, companies utilize technology without even realizing. I.e. microwaves, alarm clocks, TV's, Internet, etc. Current technology took decades to develop and it plays a big factor in our lives. Ecologists around the world have methods and procedures in place with companies like Intel and chip wafer manufacturing factories to ensure companies are in compliance to reduce waste. However, I don't feel companies are performing enough R&D to ensure they understand technology changes and its negative impact on the environment and our ecological system by generating more hazardous waste. Rules and regulations have been put in place by OSHA and EPA to ensure all companies follow these guidelines to protect employees and our environment. Furthermore, there are complimentary third party companies that specialize on assisting larger corporations monitor their processes are safe and implement solutions to reduce waste and ensure companies are in compliance.

As technology improvements evolve and some companies are generating more hazardous waste every year, companies have put systems in place to ensure they're protecting our environment as well as more people continue their education to understand all technology changes. One of the major key projects to ensure the environment is safe is to assist Ecologist to monitor, test, and analyze the environment, radiation for example. We have created testing equipment that its safe for Ecologist to travel around the world and continue to monitor, test, analyze, and develop systems for all of us to follow and understand all the requirements that takes for us to have a healthy and safe living style, this equipment can read, test, gather radiation data from a long distance so that our ecologist our protected and do not have any potential way to be harm. Education will be essential for Ecologist to improve and implement technology changes in the future with any type of industry and our environment changes.

Some of these industries that are evolving with new technology like Intel and Microchip; those companies have come a long way with safety precautions to ensure they're in compliance with all of the state/city rules and regulations. Companies have managed to implement systems that are continually improved by technology and educated Industrial Hygienist that understand not only their manufacturing product but also what type of impact it's causing the environment. These wafer chip manufacturing companies create the small processors that go into your laptop and desktop at home, in order to create these processors, wafer facilities have to process this wafer through hundreds of processes that includes multiple layers of toxic chemicals that eventually if not handled and processes properly can be very harmful to the public.

There are several companies that assist with the education, clean up, removal, storage, and provide solution to companies to monitor and ensure compliance with state rules and federal regulations.

(Wastereductiontechnologies) is a good resource for technology solutions, as they assist larger corporations to utilize new technology methods and practices to their process to reduce waste generation and minimize cost annually by performing internal and very detail audits. Some of the enhancements and services they provide is filtration systems, oil/water separators, mist removal, ozone systems for bacteria control, high pressure industrial pumps, etc.

Another company that assists larger corporations is (Clean Harbors.com), as they are the leading provider in environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base across a broad range of vertical markets, which includes a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.

One of the local companies that I have utilized for our waste clean-up solution is (Karyenviromental.com). They offer a unique combination of environmental contracting expertise that is well suited for the environmental needs that KES clients require on a daily and/or an as-needed basis. KES (Kary Environmental Services) is truly a full service firm offering professional environmental contracting services, which includes but are not limited to Asbestos, Lead, and Mold Projects, Site Remediation and Bio-Decontaminations, Hazardous and Solid Waste Management, and Emergency and Routine Responses.

Corporations and small companies that generate hazardous waste have to follow strict guidelines to ensure compliance with State and Federal departments.

Nowadays, companies like (ISO) an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 162 national standards bodies. Through its members, it brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market relevant International Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges that most corporations currently face. Furthermore, training corporations and companies is one of the biggest challenges they face every year, as preventing incidents and ensuring companies implement safe business practices requires for employers to have very extensive safety training events.

Companies like Compliance Solutions (csregs) assists on training employers and employees to acquire certifications on various types of safety education that is beneficial to the success of the companies. They offer multiple approaches to compliance training from Instructor Led Training, Online Learning, and On-Site Training, even offer custom solutions to fit any company needs.

I work professionally for a company that audits large corporations like Intel and microchip, we are a third party hired by this companies to perform an internal audit to ensure companies have and follow all the safety procedures, rules, and city regulations as they vary pending on city requirements. It is a pretty intensive process that requires for audit companies that have lots of accreditation and certifications in place that validates if companies have systems in place to be capable and knowledgeable about how to prevent potential harms that these company's processes can be produce and potentially harm the public if the un-proper procedures are not put in place and maintained.

In conclusion as technology evolves and industries are growing and developing new hazardous waste that can harm the public, companies and their employees need to protect our environment by educating themselves and continue to understand technology changes. One of the ways to continue the improvements is by having the correct people in charge of developing systems and intellectual equipment to facilitate our Ecologist to perform their test and analysis around. These systems will ensure to capture all aspects and unknown things that can harm the environment. State laws need to be strengthening to ensure companies are in compliance with rules in regulations and they abide by them. Furthermore, there are several third party companies that provide training and educational methods to ensure there are no gaps on safety precautions and potential environmental hazardous releases.

Work cited page:

"Waste Reduction Technologies - Home." Waste Reduction Technologies - Home. Shroeder Inc, n.d.

"Sustainability at Clean Harbors." Clean Harbors. 1-800-OIL.TANK, n.d.

"Arizona Environmental Services | Kary Environmental Services." Kary Environmental Services Inc RSS 092. ADEQ, n.d.

"Home." ISO. N.p., n.d. Web.

"Home." Compliance Solutions. OSHA / EPA / DOT.
Ester Napitupulu 18 / 25 3  
Hi writer.. here are some suggestions for you :

While creating technology improvementsimproves

Nowadays, companies utilize technology without even without realizing the effects . for instance,I.e. microwaves, alarm clocks, TV's, Internet, etc

However, I don't feeldo not think that companies are performing enough R&D to ensure they understand technologytechnological changes and its negative impacteffects on the environment and our ecological system ...
Hi Alex, WELCOME to Essay Forum, may you find this website helpful and useful to your writing needs. This website is aimed at providing unbiased and constructive criticism in order to get better if not master the English language by practice writing, students forum and plain and simple conversation.

Going back to the research paper, I must say, it;s quiet comprehensive, very detailed, well researched. The transition of the ideas and information in the paper is also flowing smoothly, it follows a certain sequence, a sequence where your readers are able to follow and understand what exactly is written in the research paper.

However, I suggest that, when it comes to your citation, I suggest that you write them, enclosed in a parenthesis, alongside the information drawn form your source, this will help your readers see the source of the information, straight away, rather than going to the citation page to verify the information.

Now, this does not mean that you can eliminate the citation page, you can have this as an addition to the page.

I hope this insights help.

Home / Research Papers / "Technology waste reduction" - ENG102 Lesson#11 Drafting and Peer review 4.09.16