The Chevening programme - Leadership and influence essay

AramOmar 1 / -  

my experience in leading people

I graduated from management college from an administrative department so, all my roles should be including leadership task. And before graduated I was one of the topic leader for a group of students and I lead them for success at study and argument with our administrative then I started work as an accountant and administrative for AlWazir Factory from Erbil and I supervise 2 shifts of coworkers and all production process, the factory was small and I get a good chance to improve my leader skills because when the manager had any outside work or travel I had to do his work too.

After that I went to government sector, Presidency of the Polytechnic University
I was responsible for auditing some technical institute work and gave them advice to do those work correctly. Then I started work from Sulaimaniyah city for Hewa Holding, Majidi Mall as accountant and I got some responsibility especially manage accounts department with my friends there and help other department when they need for example when earthquake came from Sulaimaniyah I was on office and our operation manager was outside so, I lead the mall for kipping people safe and get them out by a few mins also I had a positive Influence when our managers was not there by any reason because I was lead the staff instead of them. Finally, I got an offer from an international oil & gas company, Dana Gas also now I'm leading our labors to work safe and professional.

Please give me your feedback.
Aram, this 250 word essay is not useful. It cannot help your application because your method if discussion is too informal and lacks a clear focus in its presentation that could help to convince the reviewer that you are potential Chevening material. You have to present a clear idea of your possible national leadership and influencing skills. You could have done this through this essay by focusing on potential discussions that might have given a true idea of your leadership and influencing skills.

All of the experiences that you present are mere job descriptions. The earthquake incident could have been depicted as a potential leadership and influencing essay if you had expanded on that experience a throughout the essay. However, I also believe that your job performance at Dana Gas could also accomplish that, if you can better develop the discussion regarding your role as a safety leader in the company.

You need a new essay. One that targets a leadership and influencing presentation either through the national calamity or on site safety concerns. Do not use this first version. There is nothing in this version that will help your application. Rather, it will weaken your potential during the screening round.

Home / Scholarship / The Chevening programme - Leadership and influence essay