"the communication aspect of journalism" - My educational goals 250 words

kenia_west 1 / -  
I am writting this for a scholorship. the essay has to have a total of 250 words i have 147. the prompt is " what are your educational goals?" any ideas on goals or advice on how i can improve my essay. thnx it would be greatly apreciated.

I am fascinated with the communication aspect of journalism. Growing up I enjoyed both reading and writing I would read to my stuffed animals in my high pitched voice, I also owned a massive amount of journals in which I wrote my thoughts and still do to this day . I was always comfortable with public speaking, and a fluent reader. Since middle school I had a plan for my future that involved journalism. I aspire to one day be a journalist. My immediate goal is to maintain my GPA and class rank. After I attain such goal I will attend the Arizona State University Walter Cronkite school of Journalism. Achieving my academic goals will put me on track to attaining my professional goals. I have maintained a busy schedule throughout my prior two years of high school by doing community service, join clubs, and do sports
tylrrvera 2 / 10  
The communication aspect of journalism has always fascinated me. Growing up, I enjoyed both reading and writing. I would often write in one of my countless journals, many of which I still have today, elaborating on my thoughts and feelings towards a number of topics. These journals held my secrets, my stories, and my aspirations for a bright and successful future.

My dream of attaining a career in journalism was spawned during my time in middle school, sparked by an attraction to the power of words. Words that can expose injustices, examine catastrophes, and call attention to problems not often addressed in mainstream media. Whether spoken or written, the words of a journalist can hold the power to change the world, and this is what I ultimately hope to do. In order to have my goals of a career in journalism come to fruition, I aim to maintain and improve my grade point average through dedication to my schoolwork, as well as persisting in my community involvement through volunteerism and service. Not only this, but by participating in sports as well as extracurricular clubs, I can gain even more experiences that will drive to pursue my passions. I hope to attend the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State University, where I will be equipped with the analytical as well as tactile knowledge necessary to enter journalism. If all goes well, I hope to one day see my name in print beneath an article of my own creation.

249 words. Hope you enjoy some of the changes I have made.

Home / Scholarship / "the communication aspect of journalism" - My educational goals 250 words