"To develop my aptitudes and improve on them" - Why do I deserve the scholarship

Troi 1 / 2  
the scholraship application states
"Prepare an essay that will convince the selection panel that you deserve to receive scholarship for
your studies at American University in Kosovo. Remember that this is a competitive process."

*******

To whom it may concern,

There are many good reasons to argue why I deserve this scholarship. I am a hard working and motivated individual with clear goals. I will make the best use of this scholarship to succeed in garnering a vast array of knowledge and endeavor to become a beacon of enlightenment with the aid of the reputation of AUK. Perhaps the strongest reason to my candidacy for this scholarship is my impressive outcome with regards to the achievements in various academic competitions I participated in and the development of my cognitive abilities which would be further expanded with the help of AUK.

With a high school diploma focused in Mathematics and Informatics, I expect that the Undergraduate program will contribute enormously to my future career plans. I am confident that, having my heart set on following this program, I will be able to absorb every new concept that is presented to me and also quickly adapt to the educational system of AUK. Moreover, I believe that the experience of studying in a multi-cultural environment would help me to further develop myself, as well as allow me to gain valuable cultural and social knowledge. I welcome challenges, I am able and extremely motivated. Furthermore, what I consider the impetus and the driving force of my future academic career is my ability and willingness to share my vast to-be-gained experience and knowledge with individuals across Kosovo.

I am a sociable person, I enjoy working in teams and I believe that my individual abilities are best put into use within a team. My teamwork experience includes many curricular and extracurricular activities which I attended or volunteered, including sports events, school festivals and competitions. Working in teams has made me a flexible person, who knows how to listen to the opinions of others and how to express myself. As a result, others are able to better understand my intentions and ideas.

Therefore, my goal is to develop my aptitudes and improve on them to a certain degree that would allow me to better understand the subtleties of the educational system under which the AUK operates. I would very much like to achieve this through the aid of your scholarship.

In conclusion, I can confidently say that I would be a valuable addition to your program.

Thank you for considering my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
whitney 21 / 38  
i am preparing a personal statement.too. i am wondering whether i need to write i like a letter. i thought an essay is ok.
OP Troi 1 / 2  
Yeah i think i should write it from scratch too.. my essay has nothing personal in t, whereas In all websites that offered tiPs on this topic stated that u should share a slice of life..but i dont have any achievments in high school nor did i participate on any school or other interesting activities..
linmark 2 / 328 7  
One very important consideration for these essays is to give more examples as opposed to your own opinion about yourself. It does not have to be a major achievement, it can just be an insightful "slice" of your personal life. Writing in your voice, putting yourself on paper in YOUR words is key. And what you choose as this expression will present the "big picture" of why you deserve the scholarship.

Start as you would in an interview: introduce yourself, what makes you YOU, what are your aspirations, your most significant milestone experiences to date, and wrap up with some aspirations.

You only have 250 words to present on this "palette," so choose them well!!
Good luck!
OP Troi 1 / 2  
Thank you so much for the tips, although i think theres not a word limit or anything like that a friend of mine wfote around 900 words another friend wrote around 300 and they both got the scholarship , What do you think of my essay should i start from scratch , maybe use some of the sentences of this essay on the new one , or just add some personal statements to the essay?

Sorry for the poor writing ,im postin through my cell so its kinda hard
Thanks again
Capitalize ALL words in the opening salutation, and use a colon:

To Whom It May Concern:

There are many good reasons to argue why I deserve this scholarship. I am a hard working and motivated individual with clear goals. I will make the best use of this scholarship to succeed in garnering a vast array of knowledge and endeavor to become a beacon of enlightenment with the aid of the reputation of AUK. -----To become a beacon of enlightenment? I think you should be more specific. If you really intend to be a positive influence, you need to have a plan. Someone with a plan will always be more impressive than someone without a plan. I think you should revise the intro para to tell not only about your plan to make a meaningful contribution in this program or in some other way.

Thank you for considering my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you. ---Maybe at the end you can say something more meaningful. This is sort of a generic...

Your accomplishments are so impressive! My most important advice for you is that you should make a detailed plan to show how serious you are. :-)

Home / Scholarship / "To develop my aptitudes and improve on them" - Why do I deserve the scholarship