Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree program in Urban Climate and Sustainability

Lele2021 1 / -  
Dear community of moderators, I would like my Motivational Letter to be reviewed by you. I appreciate this help.

Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Motivational Letter

Since the beginning of my studies I knew that the relationships between humans and their environment was something that interested me and that education was a big part of that relationship. I earned a Bachelor in Arts in Geography with a minor in Journalism, in 2018 and after two internships working with communities and two years working in the education field , I confirm how important these relationships are to address issues like Climate Change. To be able to move towards a sustainable future, where cities are well planned and urban growth is being responsible, we need proper education.

People live in urban communities, how a community is planned affects the daily decisions of the habitants, therefore, these decisions affect the climate. Climate Change issues are primarily related to the lack of understanding of how our daily decisions affect our world and how the decisions are also driven by the planning of the area. I have observed, as a Caribbean islander, how my region has been directly impacted by Climate Change and lack of proper education on how to address this issue. In order to gain the necessary knowledge and skills that the countries and vulnerable communities in my region need, I would like to apply for a scholarship to enter the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree program in Urban Climate and Sustainability.

This Erasmus Mundus Joint Master program will allow me to expand my knowledge in a cultural, professional, and personal way. Moving towards a sustainable future is a global effort and I want to obtain a richer view of how to work towards a sustainable future. I believe that I can contribute to the program with my academic background and experience. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but two years ago I had the amazing experience of working as a missionary in the Republic of Palau for two years. Both areas are in different stages of urban growth. My experience in two tropical islands with different cultures, will allow me to contribute to the program a diverse perspective on how Climate Change impacts different tropical areas in different stages of urban development. Moreover, this program will allow me to gain knowledge on how Climate Change is affecting non-tropical and highly developed urban areas, but most importantly, what measures can be taken. My academic background provided me with strong skills on how to connect with communities.

This is why if I were to be accepted into the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree program in Urban Climate and Sustainability, and granted the scholarship, I am going to have the opportunity to improve my knowledge, and skills , to become a professional in the field of sustainability, climate change and urban growth. Furthermore, these global issues can be addressed with better planning and education, if admitted to this program I will have the tools to contribute to Puerto Rico and its process of development. If more resources and knowledge are distributed throughout the planet, then better decisions are going to be made for the benefit of all.
Your essay does not explain how your educational background and work experience applies itself to both years of study in the program(s) you have chosen. Consider that you have to explain why you have decided to pursue studies in Urban Climate in these 2 countries and universities in particular. How do these studies lend themselves to the improvements you want to bring to your country? What improvements are these? Will you say these relate to your research thesis? What is the coverage of your thesis?

The presentation needs to provide the prompt required information, not just your personal insights and general references to the importance of the course you have chosen to study. It does not work at all since it does not appropriately respond to the application required information. Why do you believe now is the right time for you to reenter the academic field? Avoid lecturing the reviewer as you do in this essay, he is not interested in being taught information by a mere applicant, specially when the discussion presented is empty of infomation that will help him decide if you qualify for the program or not. Based on this essay, you do not qualify for the program.

Look up the prompts. These are freely available online. You can even find such guides in related similar threads at this forum. Make sure to revise the presentation based on information necessities. That way, you can provide a correct and non-disqualifying written interview.

Home / Scholarship / Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree program in Urban Climate and Sustainability