Lowe's: Converint to Ecofriendlyism

lowcal 12 / 27  
At Lowe's, we believe that helping to build our communities is just as important as helping our customers build their homes. How have you helped to build your community? What lasting improvements have you made that you are proud of?

"Yuckkk!" I could not believe that I talked myself into spending my Saturday picking up filthy trash. At the moment, I held a broken beer bottle covered with snot scattered atop. As much as I wanted to, by dropping the dirty content on the earth floor would only contradict my intentions for volunteering for the service event. Holding on my breath for dear life, I quickly dumped the object into the soot black trash bag where other foul contents laid.

People consider me obsessive-compulsive. On a scale of one to ten, I rate myself a nine as a meticulous individual. When it comes to cleanliness, I might win an award for being the most annoying and overly tidy individual in the universe. One could imagine my expression as I laid eyes upon the trash scattered everywhere in only one neighborhood. Not to be a stereotyped as Hollywood's character of a valley girl, I honestly was not too energized in picking germs and muck. However, I made a pledge to myself to keep the promise that I had made only a few years ago.

The majority of family members on my father's side live in a rural area. Their houses are made out of mud. They live on no electricity. People must walk across and upon cow manure scattered across the ragged roads on a daily basis. Their neighborhood has no system of collecting trash or even recycling reusable materials. On my winter break visit to the heartland of Bangladesh, I witnessed all of this. The fact that my family had to live in these conditions breaks my heart. I want to help them. I want them to live in a better setting. However, because I am one person, I cannot fix everything for them. But, because I am one person, I can try to make an effort to improve polluted places one step at a time.

Even though I do not live in Bangladesh, I prolong my journey towards improving today's environment right here in the good, old U.S.A. While I pick up trash in one neighborhood, I succeed in bettering the environment. I help others who I know not of live in a cleaner society. I am proud to be a part of this movement, this movement towards bettering the world one step at a time.
At the moment, I held a broken beer bottle covered with snot scattered atop.

nice description!!

"Yuckkk!" I could not believe that I had talked...

As much as I wanted to, by dropping the ...

Holding on my breath for dear life, I quickly dumped the object into the soot black trash bag where other foul contents laid.--- this is the last sentence of your first paragraph, so it should answer their prompt. Express the answer here at the end of the first para.

I told myself that _______ would be rewarding to me because of the value of __________, and I was right.

or something...

:-)

Home / Scholarship / Lowe's: Converint to Ecofriendlyism