One theory that interests me is the theory of parallel universes. Questbridge Concept/Theory Essay

runningflight 1 / -  
Tell us about a concept, theory, or topic you have explored simply because it sparked your intellectual curiosity. Why do you find it intriguing? How do you want to further explore it?

Concept/Theory/Topic Essay (200 words)

One theory that interests me is the theory of parallel universes. I was first introduced to this theory after watching The Flash. The basic explanation of the "multiverse" theory is that there are infinite Earths existing at the same time in the same space, but each Earth vibrates at a slightly different frequency, which is why one Earth can't see another one. And on each Earth, circumstances are different. For example, on this Earth (Earth 1) I am currently a high school student. But maybe on Earth 2, I am a music prodigy, or on Earth 3 superheroes are real.

This theory really interests me because I personally love imagining the infinite possibilities that exist out there. I love imagining that on another Earth I could be people that I could never be: policewoman, professional horse rider, superhero, etc. There's no limit to what I can imagine. Part of why this theory interests me so much is because I'm adopted. I always love imagining that maybe in some other Earth, I'm with my original family, or I've found that I have a younger sister. These scenarios give me hope that someday, maybe it'll happen in real life.
Michelle, while the parallel universe theory is interesting to read about, you did not go beyond the "interest" part of the discussion. You neglected to represent the "further exploration" part of the discussion. Now, since the multiverse theory is real, I strongly urge you to go beyond the television explanation and instead, base the essay on the more appropriate scientific discussion of the topic. Remember, television is not real, even though the theory that is used in the program is. You need a more scientific pursuit of the topic instead of the television representation. That way, you gain a more applicable explanation for the reasons why you would wish to further study and pursue this theory. Do you plan to prove this theory? How might you plan on doing that? That is the missing element in your essay that you need to strongly represent in the discussion.

Home / Scholarship / One theory that interests me is the theory of parallel universes. Questbridge Concept/Theory Essay