Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 2

I AM TORN BETWEEN CHOOSING TWO DIFFERENT MAJOR OR NOT

daris taufiq 2 / -  
I am a fresh graduate from a fisheries major (aquaculture), and I intend to apply for an AAS scholarship. However, I want to pursue a cross-major transition from fisheries to MBA. I am very well aware that I have slim chances of actually getting into an MBA due to my lack of professional work experience and a cross-major transition on top of that. That is why I plan to list the MBA as my first proposed study choice and a fisheries master's major as my second choice. Am I allowed to do that?

P.S. : I did realize that I can only select one subject on the Priority Development Area. I just want to confirm once and for all because I can't find an explicit rule that forbid choices outside of the selected Priority Development Area. The only encouragement was to choose two different institution rather than the same institution.
miccowwy 1 / 1  
Hi Daris. The AAS scholarship is very competitive, even for experienced applicants, and while I think students can choose what they want to study for a higher level, you need to be aware that there are many applicants for AAS scholarship. To increase your chances of standing out, it is crucial that you explain the connections between your fisheries bachelor's degree and your plan to pursue an MBA. Your experience and contributions in your area should be highlighted. This will demonstrate your clear and logical progression towards your career goals.

Hope this answers your question.

Home / Student Talk / I AM TORN BETWEEN CHOOSING TWO DIFFERENT MAJOR OR NOT