Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Balancing my life priorities - UBC Application: Tell us about who you are.

akmaster101 3 / 4  
Please comment on my application essay for UBC Engineering, the question is "TELL US ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. HOW WOULD YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND/OR MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY DESCRIBE YOU? IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE INCLUDE SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF AND WHY. (MAXIMUM 1500 CHARACTERS)"

I am [Insert Name], an IB Diploma student living in [Insert City]. Throughout my life, I have lived and studied in India, USA, and Canada. This has allowed me to explore and experience diverse cultures, activities, hobbies, and friendships.

Since childhood, I have been a creative person who has enjoyed bringing creativity and academics together. I have been interested in the designs and mechanics of how things around me, like computers, aircraft, cars and software, are designed. My family and friends who know my interests and hobbies would describe me as a man of curiosity and intrigue. By pursuing Engineering, I plan to continue this learning.

In addition, I have frequently participated in community activities, such as volunteering and community services. I have been involved with volunteering at summer programs at my local community center and university, where my recreation coordinator would describe me as a positive role model and a youth leader who takes an interest in leading and teaching other kids and students.

I am most proud of balancing my life priorities on studies, sports, hobbies and social activities, which allows me to pursue a wide range of activities while maintaining solid academics. Studying is crucial, but participating in clubs, volunteering, public speaking, athletics, hobbies, and other contributions is equally essential to maintaining a balanced life. I am proud that I have achieved a good balance in my life and plan to continue that.

Home / Undergraduate / Balancing my life priorities - UBC Application: Tell us about who you are.