BU Supplement Base; Leadership, Service, and Congeniality

yankeebud95 2 / 5  
In an essay of no more than 500 words, please select three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use these qualities/characteristics to contribute fully to the BU community.

The essay isnt done yet. I tore apart other essays and did a little patch work. No real intros to the separate paragraphs but her it it so far.

A chipper gentleman walks briskly down the street humming a tune when he stumbles upon a man in need. He offers the man his jacket with a smile. The next day the gentleman returns, this time with two others along side of him, once again offering help to the man. Each day the gentleman returned, continually gaining more followers with his warm heart and his bright smile. This gentleman is that man that hums a tune in my heart, who I aim to be each day. His leadership, service, and congeniality are the virtues make up my persona.

When I ask my peers, "What is the first word you think of when you think of me," and each time the word is "leader." As a Peer Leader, President of National Honor Society, Key Club, Class of 2010, and captain of the varsity soccer team, my skills as a leader have developed throughout my high school career. Pragmatism, communication, decisiveness, and dedication have been engraved into my psyche. I believe that there is still more to be learned. To fully know how to lead, I believe you must know how to follow. Peer Leadership has begun to teach me this valuable lesson by surrounding me with leaders of outstanding caliber in my own school. The leaders that make up Boston University will continue to refine and embellish my skills and I will strive to impact those who share the same goals as myself.

Volunteering has been an imperative part of my high school experience. Whether it has been participating in "Trick or Treat for UNICEF" or organizing my school's blood drive, giving back has been very important to me over the past four years and will continue to be a priority in my life. Through organizations such as Key Club, National Honor Society, and Peer Leadership, I have found a passion and an enjoyment in serving others. Recently, as a part of the Peer Leadership program, we seniors traveled to Katzenbach School for the Deaf and volunteered our time to do numerous activities with the children. To see the joy on each and every one of their faces showed me that what I was doing was truly making a difference. I hope to continue to make a difference in the BU community by donating my time so that I may benefit others and participating in organizations such as Engineers Without Borders.

Each day I walk down the hallway greeting each person, friend or stranger, with a smile on my face. Congeniality is a substantial part of who I am. Through my various presidencies and involvement in athletics, I have learned to interact with diverse groups of people and communicate effectively. I have learned a respect for my elders and peers from my experiences with officials, Board members, and classmates. I will use my smile and friendly nature at Boston University, to make others experience more enjoyable, even it is something as small as making one person smile each day.
Make sure to mention the three words in the paragraphs they belong in! Here are a few minor things;

As a Peer Leader, President of National Honor Society, Key Club, and Class of 2010, and captain of the varsity...

...School for the Deaf and volunteered our time to do numerous activities with the children. To see the joy of life on each and every one of their faces ...

From my experiences with the fan group, my involvementwith school was brought to a new level.

From that point on, I was inspired to run for class president each year...
OP yankeebud95 2 / 5  
yea i know to mention the topics, just didnt do it yet

Home / Undergraduate / BU Supplement Base; Leadership, Service, and Congeniality