'Charles Schwab conference' - common app short answer ace mentor program

jaspreet1992 2 / 3  
Sitting in the huge conference room in the Charles Schwab building, students are working hard on creating a high school college campus. Seven students are working diligently on the architecture of the different rooms of high school campus. Another five students, including myself, are working on the engineering aspects such as the buildings placement on the lamented map of the area and the electrical and mechanical units of the buildings. While the other two remaining students working on the PowerPoint presentation that will convey the point of our project in front of the ACE Mentorship Program. Working with different professional engineers and architects, arguing certain points of the project with my fellow teenage engineers, using engineer rulers, exact scales and process of eminent domain, for seven months made me feel like actual engineer. By encountering obstacles such as putting sports fields near the subway line and rerouting the bus that overlapped the construction area made me feel like I'm a mechanical engineer working for the Port Authority, in charge of creating a massive project for the benefit of Bushwick community.
wanderlust 1 / 3  
Sitting in the huge conference room in the Charles Schwab building, about [...]

First of all, this is a really really long sentence. Normally, topic sentences aren't this long so you should revise it and break it up into parts. Right now, you are losing your reader.

Sitting in the huge conference room in the Charles Schwab building, about a seven students are working diligently on the architecture of the different rooms of super high what does this mean? the buildings are tall? school campus, five students andmyself included,including myself, are working on the engineering aspects of the buildingjust mention in the beginning you guys are working on a building such as the amount of area going to be covered and the electrical and mechanical units of the buildings , and two students are working on the PowerPoint presentation tothat will convey the point of our project in front ofto the ACE Mentorship Program

Working with the different engineers and architects, standing up [...]

Again, this is another really long sentence. I highly recommend breaking this up too. It makes your essay A LOT easier to read!

After? working with the different engineers and architects, standing up and arguing certain points of the project with my fellow teenage engineers, and using engineering rulers, exact scales, using the process of eminent domain, we made the decision to put the sports fields near the subway line that is intersecting part of the area; DELETE unless it's absolutely essential and to reroutinge the bus.made me feelFrom this experience, I've become?I'm a successful mechanical engineer working for the Port Authority, creating a project for thethat will benefit ofa or the? Bushwick community.

These are just my suggestions. I hope they are helpful! I think if you break your essay down, you'll automatically reduce your word count. Good luck! :]
OP jaspreet1992 2 / 3  
hey jenny thx for the feedback i revised it again can someone please check it thank you very much
...such as the building's placement on the lamented (do you mean lamenated? Lamented is very different! :-) map of the area and the electrical and mechanical units of the buildings.

... a massive project for the benefit of Bushwick community. ----nice ending! This is quite good.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Charles Schwab conference' - common app short answer ace mentor program