Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 2

Dentistry - personal statement for GKS-U Program

Zlppleh 1 / -  
Hello, my name is Noza.
I want to study dentistry in Korea and want to apply to 2025GKS Program undergraduate degree. Here's my Personal Statement (PLS DO NOT COPY).I'd appreciate if you read and tell me your opinion. Pls tell me any mistakes if you find,I'm not good in English. Thank you in advance. Again PLEASE DO NOT COPY!!

A beautiful smile with straight teeth is like the very first thing people pay attention to when they meet. With the feeling when your interlocutor imperceptibly looks at your smile,your teeth and noticeably changes his face, but tries to cover it up. No matter how hard he tried to not be noticed, he never succeeded. There have been many such moments in my life. I was born in a little-known country - Tajikistan, in a small city - Khujand, where everyone knows everything about each other. Previously, I myself did not pay attention to this, but the gradual surroundings pointed to my "flaw", which I did not consider as such, without realizing it, helped me find my way. In Korean there is an expression '전화위복' which means that something bad happened in the beginning, but in the end it turned out to be something that changed your life in a good way. I think this expression of precision is appropriate to describe what exactly happened in my life.

Teeth have always been a part of my life and every year as I get older they play a more and more major role in it. With every trip to the dentist, my life, my views on people and on life in general changed more and more. And as it turned out in the end , had a great influence and gave an answer to a question that haunted me for a long time - my future profession. Lying on the dentist's couch and watching his quick and confident movements of his hands, I was more and more amazed. His hands holding a small mirror and forceps seemed so powerful to me that with the help of his two seemingly ordinary devices, they could change the lives of thousands of people. If others were afraid of going to the dentist, then I was so happy that I was ready to sit in his office all day and watch his work, the smiles of happy people who when leaving thanked him for his work. I remember this moment for the rest of my life, a moment that motivates me to this day to become a dentist who helps people.

Despite the fact that I was not a dentist, my desire to help people was stronger. Therefore, I collected information on how to properly monitor oral and dental hygiene from the Internet and other sources of information, and after confirming them with real dentists, I organized a "Dental and Oral Hygiene" school club in high school. We gave schoolchildren gifts in the form of toothpaste and brushes and showed them how to brush their teeth correctly, what they should eat, and what they should cut back on because of harm to their teeth.

Impressed by this profession, I began to study in depth all the sciences related to dentistry. During the day, at school and at home, I studied and studied the basics of dentistry on my own, and at night I searched for a university that would be the first step towards realizing my dream. Korea, known for its progress in dentistry, having excellent educational programs, the best and most advanced technologies, high-quality training for dentists and much more that unfortunately I cannot get at the universities of my country interested me. However, the language barrier became my first obstacle that I faced. After graduating from high school, I enrolled in language courses at a university in Korea.

Despite the differences with my language, I actively studied the language and every day I learned more and more about the culture, traditions, and history. I was filled with admiration and respect after getting to know this country. 'My hard work really paid off'- the first thing I thought about after receiving a scholarship for excellent academic performance. My family was never considered rich and studying abroad is considered a luxury for us. Knowing that my parents worked tirelessly to earn money and pay for my education did not give me peace. And in order not to be a burden to my parents, to help them and reduce their expenses for me, I began to look for various scholarship programs that could pay for my further education. Having learned from my classmates about the GKS program, who themselves studied through this program, I became interested in the generosity of this program and the opportunities it provided to people from all over the world.

Korea is famous for many things and dentistry is one of them. I'm very drawn to their growing reputation and power in the dentistry. The GKS program could give me a great opportunity to obtain further higher education, with the help of which in the future I could become a great high -skilled dentist and help people with oral problems. This may sound banal to someone, but this is my dream. Being able to experience grade schooling without burdening my parents financially is also one of my great motivations in applying for the scholarship. It would be an honor to study in such a wonderful country with a rich past and definitely a wonderful future. To be one of the students who won this scholarship program and have the opportunity to receive an education in such a wonderful country would greatly change my life and influence my future. I hope I am worthy to become part of 2025 GKS program for undergraduate degree.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15168  
'전화위복'

Delete this. You have been instructed to write the essay either in full Hangul or full English. You cannot use a bastardized form of writing because you want to show off your Korean character skills. The reviewer will be very irritated by the inclusion of their writing in such a manner. There is no sense in using those characters since you know what it means in English. Stick to the English translation. He will not mind that.

The writing is good when looked at from a personal standpoint. However, when reading this from the point of view of the reviewer, what stands out is that the applicant did not read the writing instructions when he downloaded the application packet. They are several key discussion points that you should be covering in the presentation. Kindly review the writing guide for the personal statement and revise the content accordingly.

Home / Undergraduate / Dentistry - personal statement for GKS-U Program
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: