When you dream, anything is possible; Perfectly content.

xnakelx 1 / 1  
Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?

Comfort Of Thoughts and Dreams

I've constantly been called a dreamer, apparently my radical thoughts, ideas, and ideals weren't in consonance those of this world; so i created my own.

Its a bird!! Its a plane!! No...Its a rock. The seemingly dull grey pearl sized rock sailed through the air at such an altitude,that its jagged edges

seemed to scrape the evening sunset, but as i looked at it I saw more than a rock. My non-linear perception of time allowed me to simultaneously see it as is, as it was and as it could be,

so I saw. I saw as it was, the semblance of a tiny
speck of dust radiating a myriad of colors with such intensity that it blinded all spectrums
, infinitesimally small in size yet nearly infinite in mass and energy."Ahh" I thought, this must be 9.001 trillionth of a second after the big bang; the initial decay of the primeval atom.

At the same time I saw as it could be, part of a magnificent obelisk like edifice made almost entirely of the rare metal Entilium(The 128th element on the periodic table

Discovered by (Insert my name) CMXI descendant of the Legendary Mechanical Engineer (insert my name) I in the year 27,032 AD) .
"Hehe" i chuckled, surprisingly humored that humanity had not cannibalized itself into extinction by that time.
Who was I? That was simple, Who was exactly right, I was the time traveling humanoid, Doctor Who.

Fantasies like that occurred sporadically, normally when bored or deep in thought. I never knew who, what or where i would be next, each thought seemingly

spawned by random movies, events, people, ideas and even items in my life, yet manipulated by my subconscious to suit my current mood.
In a moment of adventure, I could be Jerry the Mouse using various stratagems to outwit my feline enemy,or after watching the 10 'o' clock

news I could be the nameless stranger who roamed the world trying to make it a better place.Honestly it didnt matter,
as long as i was there in the land of possibilities. A world where my artistic inability to express myself by drawing, singing, or write complex haiku's were irrelevant, as

I expressed myself through the power of thought; an island where my creativity was permitted to flow unrestrained.
In this land i embody not only everything that i am not, but also everything that i hope to become.
Be it fighting for the republic as the brave, chivalrous, and witty Luke Skywalker, marching from Selma to Montgomery as the charismatic Martin Luther
King Jr., or building and designing Tron type light cycles as the future me.

Yet throughout all the unpredictability of this dream world, one constant remains; I will wake up.
My subconscious would forcefully throw be back into reality where the only power i have is to helplessly watch the 10 'o' clock news headline
read " 20 children and 6 adults killed in elementary school shooting".
Yet entering back into reality has been the most significant part of it all. It means that i'm alive, and that brings with it the possibility

of turning my dreams, hopes and wishes into a viable reality. .
Through this imaginary oasis, i have learned to value life and what I can do with it.
It has allowed me to open my eyes, step back, and see that like me, the world is far from perfect, however it's also a constantly evolving place, with a silver lining, no matter how clouded it may seem; and when you

dream, anything is possible.
toonistic 1 / 8  
I think it should be better for you to follow the paragraph structure, or perhaps start doing so from the second paragraph. It could give a stronger separation between the fantasy and reality part of your essay.

Also, you should more clearly state what or where it is that you feel most comfortable. It might help to restate the question sort of, because its only at the end that the reader gets the 'ah' moment - 'he's talking about dreaming! Wait is he really talking about how much he loves sleep in his college essay?' - Not great. Remember not everyone's equally smart.

Home / Undergraduate / When you dream, anything is possible; Perfectly content.