Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"my fervor for math grows" - UC personal statement. Promt #1

t0mmypark 1 / -  
Hi, Gloria and other fellow proof readers. I really thank you all for saving people's lives here. As for me, I'm sort of in a last minute rush and if you could, please help, that'd be great.

* I'm actually looking to see if any changes; grammar, mechanical, following the prompt. ALL THE CHANGES. Please don't hesitate to critique me. I need any advice.

What is your intended major? Discuss how your interest in the subject developed and describe any experience you have had in the field - such as volunteer work, internships and employment, participation in student organizations and activities - and what you have gained from your involvement. *

With every math class I take, my fervor for math grows. My passion and aspiration to become a mathematician begun in my senior year of high school in AP calculus course. As the comprehensive final, Mr. Juarez, my calculus teacher, assigned a project for the class and for three weeks we were required to apply the concepts and theorems we learned from the course to build a small-scale model of an actual roller coaster. Despite being one of the toughest project because it required use of all of calculus applications- from understanding limits to the graphs of first and second derivatives, the project was probably the most fun I had in my senior year as it paved the way for my interest and enthusiam towards the field of mathematics.

The design pattern of track of the roller coaster was made with ease. It took some time, however, to actually calculate the height, velocity, speed, and other attributes of our ideal roller coaster. Well, that was the fun part. My group and I spent countless nights together at each others homes, eating late night snacks, procrastinating, and sharing laughter togeher. It didn't surprise us when our grade weren't met by the expectations, but i was able to realize how fun just math can be. To be honest, I never liked math while in I was in grade schools nor have I, even for a second, thought about adding math into the equation of career, simply because there has to be a specific answer to questions that revolves around numbers. For that same reason, however, I now love numbers, which is why I have never second guessed my decision in studying the further application of mathematics; whether it is for pure mathematics or to become an educator. Life makes sense with numbers and it coexists with the world as the fundamental components. This experience I had in high school continues to encourage me- to believe that I can grasp the materials to explain the complex world with numbers for the questions we ask and we will ask in future.

Pleaseeeeee help meeee~ thanks =]

Home / Undergraduate / "my fervor for math grows" - UC personal statement. Promt #1