'I have flat feet'. Elaborate on activities (extratricculars, work activities..etc)

nyczxgemii 4 / 2  
I was wondering if this is okay for the Common App- In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)(150 words or fewer).

The only problem is that this is over 150 words. I think i need help cutting this down & grammar structure. any help would be great!

thanks!!

I have flat feet. My doctor first announced the surprising news to me after I had an ankle injury due to playing soccer in middle school. My feet did not have supporting arches like normal feet would have so having flat feet was a disadvantage. I finally discovered why my legs started to tire out quickly after running short distances. "She can't play mid-field anymore because she has flat feet," spoke a girl of my soccer team in junior high. The other girls started to laugh and poke fun at my feet. It was then that I decided to quit and leave soccer, which I was so fervent about. However, I revisited soccer in high school as soon as I spotted another flat-foot girl, who kicked the ball at flying speed into the net while her teammates shouted with joy. I joined in junior year of high school, playing midfielder again while my team members of my soccer team welcomed me without enervation. I was finally able to get over my flat feet and work with them to win soccer games.
OP nyczxgemii 4 / 2  
also i think i need help with the flow
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
I was finally able to get over my "special feet" and work with them to win soccer games.

I think your flow is good. It is difficult with such a restrictive word count to have an essay as fluid as most authors would like, but this one is great. You move from one point to another easily, and the introduction ties with the conclusion nicely. I did take out two sentences that were mainly just supporting details of your main point, and I think that will get you closer to that word count.

Good job.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I have flat feet'. Elaborate on activities (extratricculars, work activities..etc)