'like to a bowl of soup' - What Perspective would you contribute

Dii 6 / 24  
This is a very very rough draft.
Please I need ideas on how to develop, enhance or start it better
comment on grammar and style too

Prompt:The quality of Rice's academic life and the Residential College System are heavily influenced by the unique life experiences and cultural traditions each student brings. What perspective do you feel that you will contribute to life at Rice? (Most applicants are able to respond successfully in two to three double-spaced pages.)

My background is a like to a bowl of soup; consisting of different ingredients but coming to together nicely. This is how I like to picture Nigeria. Both my parents come from towns in Eastern Nigeria se parated by only 200 kilometres. Yet, they have very different cultures.

On my paternal side it is forbidden for a female to inherit her father's properties while on my maternal side, only females have a share of their father's properties. Despite the several cultural contradictions, we have lived happily as a family for many years.

I have also lived in Western Nigeria where greeting your elders by kneeling (for girls) and lying flat on the floor (for boys) was a sign of good home training and Northern Nigeria at where it was taboo for females to dress in shorts and tank tops. In each case I quickly adjust to the societal norms. The cultures across the country are so diverse.

Which perspectives would I contribute?
I have drawn experiences from an eclectic nation and cannot pinpoint exactly where or which ones I will contribute. I do know the I can share my many experiences, the ways of life I have learnt and the different techniques of dealing with change.
sohaibsiddiqui 3 / 18  
I like your starting line. I suggest you should talk about family values. And how they have helped you.
You can also talk about the family back ground.

By values and ethics I mean your culture and your faith in it.

Home / Undergraduate / 'like to a bowl of soup' - What Perspective would you contribute