Why Macalster? Ideas popping into my head....

Gummiebaer 3 / 9  
Hey guys, I am not a native speaker, so I would be thankful for any grammar corrections and any other coments! Thank you!

What factors have led you to consider Macalester College? Why do you believe it may be a good match, and what do you believe you can add to the Mac community, academically and personally?

Pop. Pop. Pop - one reason after another pops into my mind. There are so many reasons why Macalester is the perfect college match for me that I do not even know where to start. Mac and I are literally made for each other. But let me explain:

Considering that I am a United World College student the first "pop" stands for something relatively obvious: Diversity. Living in an international community for the last one and a half years, diversity has become more than important to me. It lines up with my personal understanding that I can learn most from people with beliefs and values differently from my own and showed me the importance of culture. Attending Mac would allow me to continue living in a truly diverse community, while I would at the same time contribute to this community by sharing my own culture.
ohwaitwhut - / 1  
where to start. Mac and I are literally made for each other. As opposed to what, figuratively? This is unnecessary.

I can learn most from people with believesbeliefs and values differently from my own and showed me the importance of culture.

the world- that deservers typo - deserves another "pop".

Not just is that a characteristic that Mac and I share Not only is this a characteristic etc

but I believe a Mac experience would provide me with more skills What, you don't have any yet? :)

I stilled my desire to experience life in India but my trip made me hungry for more. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this one.

South Africa and Tanzania makesmake the top of my list, but Thailand and Peru come right beneath.Maybe change this to "follow closely"?

I want to go to a school no comma here where students not justonly love their own school but to a school where nobody To me, "no one" sounds more formal than "nobody", but that may be just me. is afraid to constantly challenge

Attracted by the College's environmental conscientiousness, it is the liberal arts education that really caught my attention. Are these two things related? They seem to be just thrown together in this sentence.

my personal believebelief that within the realm of education, beauty lies in the ability to connect what seems unrelated at the first sight. Then connect the above for me!

I really like this, and I like that you started and ended with the pops. You sound super excited, which I'm sure the Mac dudes will totally love. Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Why Macalster? Ideas popping into my head....