"I am a very messy person" - Would you want me as your roommate?

milano3215 4 / 14  
Thanks for anyone who's willing to take a look at this. Please be brutally honest, would I be someone who you'd live with?

I would want my roommate to know that I am a very messy person. A common sight to see as you walk into our dorm would be desks stacked high with textbooks, notebooks, paper and brochures of where to go for a bite to eat. The floor would be decorated with every writing utensil imaginable with sports supplies such as a soccer ball or a tennis racket propped against the walls. If there's a window with a wide sill, my sketch pad would lie propped against the glass with my trusty drawing pencils. The bed is my ultimate sanctuary so it would be the one thing that I would try to keep decently clean. Otherwise, one half of my bed would covered with unfinished homework or classwork and heaps of clothing.

However, I don't want to scare my roommate away. First and foremost, I can guarantee that no foul smell shall permeate from our room. I am not a pig and that food is to be respected at all times. One should never leave such a precious item simply lying around half-eaten. I will take great care in never letting my room look exactly like it just endured a hurricane but I do ask for a little acceptance. I can never find where anything is if I try to be organized...

Besides that, I am probably the cookiest person my roommate will meet, complete with a history of hilarious mishaps that always tend to make me the butt of the joke. I am clumsy but fiercely competitive at anything I do and I am not afraid to voice my opinion and fight for my beliefs. I will have a shoulder for them to lean on should they ever need it and will try to be an asset rather than a burden. If there is ever trouble, I would like to be someone who can be counted on.

Lastly, I don't watch much TV and love naps. I don't have a preference for night or day so I can adjust to their daily schedule.
jubajum 2 / 4  
I really like it. I has a good sense of humor. I wouldn't change a thing.
If you have time could you look at mine regarding the same prompt:
musashqa 1 / 1  
Funny essay. Best i have read today.
marycornell 2 / 19  
Sounds like you're describing me!
I loved the truthful aspect of it and I didn't find any grammatical errors.

It's pretty much good to go.

But if you must change something about it, maybe try developing a conclusion? I don't think it needs one though.

Great job!

Please look at mine afterwards. Thanks.
OP milano3215 4 / 14  
Thanks you guys. This is a great website. I wish I discovered it sooner than yesterday 12am in the morning when I was freaking out. Thank you!!!

Home / Undergraduate / "I am a very messy person" - Would you want me as your roommate?